PDA

View Full Version : NYGM propeller bug?

Jonte
07-09-06, 06:52 AM
If you stop your engines and then increase speed, your propellers seems to get somewhat stuck? I've experienced this in single mission and career with different boats...

Anyone with the same problem?

enaceo
07-09-06, 07:05 AM
I noticed something similar with enemy ships-sometimes their props are stuck in place but they still move ,or sometimes if you destroy the prop (torpedo/deckgun) ,the ship,sometimes still creates engine noise and moves...
I don't know if it's an nygm bug or something i caused with all the other mods i have...

Observer
07-09-06, 08:59 AM
It may be a stock 1.4b bug. I remember long ago some reference to blowing off a ships screw and it happily steaming on.

Can someone post screenshots of this behavior? It's an area we haven't touched, so my guess is it's a stock behavior, but you never know...

zzsteven
07-09-06, 12:59 PM
If you stop your engines and then increase speed, your propellers seems to get somewhat stuck? I've experienced this in single mission and career with different boats...

Anyone with the same problem?

Are you refering to stopping engines while on the surface then when setting a speed to start moving again, nothing happens? Then yes it has happened to me occasionaly with stock SH3 and GW. I just keep clicking on different speed settings until it kicks in.

zz

Jonte
07-09-06, 02:32 PM
Doesn't matter if your surfaced or not...

Noticed the same problem on some warships in the bismarck mission...

Jonte
07-09-06, 05:49 PM
Problem solved! I uninstalled the new nvidia drivers and installed the old nvidia 78.01 drivers...

Now the game runs stable and the propellers seems to be working!:up:

No worries!