PDA

View Full Version : Flying pennants

Henry Wood
07-08-06, 11:59 PM
I've seen lots of photos of U-boats returning home from patrol with their periscope extended and flying pennants representing the vessels they have sunk. Would such a thing be possible? I don't mean with different tonnage pennants for each cruise, but maybe a dummy periscope with flags attached which could be raised as you enter harbour. I sailed in with just my periscope raised today but it looked very plain.:lol:

Safe-Keeper
07-09-06, 12:31 AM
I doubt it's possible, and if possible, it'll probably be impossible to have them be shown only when returning to port:cry:.

It's a good idea for Silent Hunter IV, though. Not neccessarily making you read and translate them, but more for eye-candy's sake. Thanks for the idea!

enaceo
07-09-06, 02:51 AM
Yes,i always wanted to do that.It's not really possible in SH3 as already stated,but it might be done in SHIV.Maybe they could make and animation when "docking at a port".so you don't automatically get teleported to the office,you see an animation with the boat coming back into the pen and stuff like that,and in this animation the periscope is automatically shown with these flags on .