PDA

View Full Version : FUBARS IXC camo mod

kiwi_2005
07-06-06, 08:42 PM
Okay what have i done wrong, i DL Fubars tower cam only to realise its only the tower that is camo, ( i should of known this by the title) so i then DL the IXC camo which now shows my ixc all camo except for the tower!? :rotfl: Im going back and forth. How can i get the tower to be camo as well. I know Fubars latest IXCcamo mod also camos the tower as well as ive seen one of his images he put up showing this.

Ducimus
07-06-06, 08:52 PM
Fubar has err..

IXC Plain (grey)
IXC CamoTower (splint camo on tower, overall paint on hull looks almost white in color )
IXC Camo (Mediterranean style, pretty cool looking)
IXC Late war (rustbucket version)

There are, to my knowledge, no other fubar skins for the IXC.

There is a splint camo version for the IXB, but only the IX/1 tower is skinned. It does not support the IX/2 or IX/3 towers.

kiwi_2005
07-06-06, 10:25 PM
This is the skin im looking for, the image is from his post
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=47899

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c387/mischazion/ixccam01.jpg

I dl the only skin i could find where the whole boat is camo called Fubars IXC camo of uboat simulation site. But the one i got wasn't the one above it displays grey blotches type camo with the tower just plain grey.

kiwi_2005
07-06-06, 10:27 PM
Oh sh*t :damn: I just re read his post that skin is for the IXB only.:damn:

Ducimus
07-06-06, 10:29 PM
The picture you show is Fubars IXB camo. And it only supports IX/1 towers. It doesnt support IX/2 and IX/3 towers. So if you want, you can still use the hull camoflauge, but your conning tower skins will have to come from elsewhere.

The other IXC camo you mention, is the med pattern. See my prior post for your choices. Beleive me, ive looked high and low for more IXC skins worth using.

edit: Heheh ya its for the IXB, BUT, you can export the texture, and rename it so the game uses it on an IXC.. the only hold up is, the tower texture wont work on the other two IX towers, so it kinda ruins the whole scheme once you upgrade towers.

kiwi_2005
07-06-06, 10:34 PM
Thanks, yeah i realised my mistake. might try that export as im using the IX/1 tower at the moment.