PDA

View Full Version : Mines and the Moon in GW

NKVD-crazyivan
07-04-06, 02:10 AM
Hi all i have posted this before to do with mines.........in the post under the title below.............

"Help i'm being killed by an unseen wall" Some say its the heavy mining of the Channel called "Der Kannel" which is very narrow and shallow starting around Dunkirk and going as far as Brest...............with of course so much activity as far as waarships go its almost impossable to travel on the surface.

I started in Wilhelmshaven and get to about the frist real tight spot where the land sticks out almost where on your map the shipping lane takes a sharp turn into the Southend docks (just directly below the letter n in southend) i have treid to go a periscoop depth and i have treid all areas close to the english coast in the middle of the shipping lane OA,OB and also real close to the french coast ...........

but like i siad i get a report and all hell breaks lose there is no mines i can see or any wreckage or i havent grounded my sub but the sub has taken critical damge leaking like a sive..........and in most cases Kaput black smoke and all..............
I have gotten through once but only on the surface.............................

Some have siad GW and SH3C have mined this place to death so there is no way through the Channel Submerged ..Is this Fact or FICTION ?..........

i realy dont mind i just want to know other wise i have to go around england and irland to get to any C and D grides a long trip..........

Is this a Knowin bug it happens no where else so far.......

Does some one from the mod team no where the mines are and is there pictures i can look at of enemy mines...

The other thing i take a massive fram hit when i look at the Moon it seams even to happen even when there is no moon during the night but if i pan in the direction of where the moon should be if it was out i still get a frame hit.....

It seams to happen also with the Sun but not as bad...........When i pan around past the sun the fram rate climes back up its caped at 60fps but drops to around to 15-25fps in very rough seas and when im looking up at the sky to the moon or where the sun should be....................

When i look at the sea etc but am not facing the sun or moon it runs great no fram rate drop but soon as i pan toward them my fram rate drops like crazy...........
is there anything i can do about this....

i'm running 16k atmosphere light,4 AA,etc
PC is 3.2p4 800fsb HT
2 gig of ddr 800fsb ram
800xt platanum card ATI
250 gig 16meg cach HD
soundblaster 5.1
875p neo 800fsb MB

my rig should handel it but the fram drops are annoying i dont want to turn to much eye candy down................

I hope you all can help Great mod GW rocks with SH3C its brought a already top game to a better place................

JScones
07-04-06, 05:30 AM
Some have siad GW and SH3C have mined this place to death so there is no way through the Channel Submerged ..Is this Fact or FICTION ?..........
Well, it's fiction as far as SH3Cmdr is concerned. But yes, GW, NYGM, RUb, IUB etc all add enemy and friendly minefields to SH3.

You can easily remove them if you like - just delete Campaign_SCR.mis and rename GW_nominefield_Campaign_SCR.mis (if running GW, don't know about the other mods).

If you want to look where the minefields are, simply open up Campaign_SCR.mis in the Mission Editor. The minefields are labelled...minefields. Don't forget to time filter as they do "grow" throughout the course of the war.

And yes, unless it's 1939, it would be a good idea to go around, rather than through!

JScones
07-04-06, 05:44 AM
I just noticed that not only have you already asked the question re minefields, but it has also been answered. :stare: Why ask again, in a new thread? :hmm:

NKVD-crazyivan
07-05-06, 01:23 AM
sorry JS but it was not answered in detail some siad there might be mines others siad it may have been a fualt or mishap in the program..........just wanted to here from the guys in the know thats all..............:D

and you have told me to look in the right file in the mission editor the other post just said the scr file in the campiagn file ..........

you guys are doing a bloody great job love your efforts...keep up the good work...and thanks JS for your time and replys.......

Just another thing does your sub get battered and lokking more worn over time or is the skin fixed to the look it started with ?:huh:

JScones
07-05-06, 01:51 AM
Skin's fixed. However, you can simulate age. For this you need two things:
1. SH3 Commander
2. U-Boat skins that progressively look aged

What you can then do is add them to SH3Cmdr's Date folder structure, to simulate the aging effects on your u-boat. That is:

19390901 - Fresh, polished boat
19400601 - a tad dirty
19410101 - dirtier/rustier
19420101 - new camo paint job
etc
etc

Your boat will then "age" throughout your career.

Only problem is, I don't think anyone has created a progressive set of u-boat skins to facilitate this ability.

Gammel
07-05-06, 06:55 AM
Someone posted long time ago the bananas hanging in your subs command room would rott during long patrols (!)
Is this a myth? Never spotted for myself.
What mechanics are behind that effect? :hmm:

NKVD-crazyivan
07-06-06, 01:53 AM
i have SH3 Commander so where do i get the skins and what is the right way to install them.I have GW 1.1a..........and i no im a noob do i need to manually select the year to get the skin to activate .........

thanks JS you are a very deicated dude..................:D

JScones
07-06-06, 02:16 AM
As I posted above, I don't think anyone has created progressively aging u-boat skins.

You can prolly head over to u-boat.realsimulation.com and d/l some different skin packs and try to formulate a set yourself. I mean, it's not just rust, you'll prolly want to camo your boat in mid-42 or so and then un-camo it again in late 43, for example.