PDA

View Full Version : game locks after loading save using GW

ziggyfoos
07-02-06, 08:57 AM
Last night I installed the gw mod and it runs fine. I started a career and was heading towards a convoy and I saved the game prior to contact. I exited the game a bit later and when I reloaded the save it loaded but hung at the "not too long ago" screen (I had to reboot to get out of SH3).

I gave up figuring it was a 1-of. This morning I did an uninstall of everything and new install of SH3 and the GW mod just in case it was something do with an old mod I may or may not had. Unfortunately though it did the exact same thing. I started yet another career and made an in-game save and tried to load it and it again loaded but froze at the same "not too long ago" screen.

Any ideas what's going on?

(does adding crewmembers before patrol 1 count as "upgrading your u-boat"?)

thanks
steve

Mr.Werner
07-02-06, 11:39 AM
If you want to talk about GW, please go to the mods forum.

Gammel
07-02-06, 11:53 AM
but Mr. Werner...

he IS at the mods forum! :p

lol

Ducimus
07-02-06, 01:21 PM
Offhand, all i can really tell you is sometimes the game hangs when its loading too many resources at once. Saving near a convoy and then reloading it is generally a really bad idea. Ive had the game hang on me, very seldomly but ive found that if i just walk away and give it 5-10 minutues it will eventually load.

You might consider scanning and defragging your drive as well. Come to think of it, i need to do that myself ;)

ziggyfoos
07-02-06, 01:58 PM
sorry mr werner, i didnt even realize there was a mod forum.....

ducimus, didn't think of waiting 5 minutes but you're probably right since it was a massive convoy, will try that out. thanks