PDA

View Full Version : Using all my ammo

KevinB
06-30-06, 05:22 AM
Can anyone advise why after installing GW when I hit a ship with my torps it doesn't sink with one or two but takes maybe four or five.
And also with the deck gun I have been using all the ammo although burning like hell they won't sink.

bigboywooly
06-30-06, 07:41 AM
Hi KevinB
GW uses the NYGM damage model so you need to spread your torpedos to different areas of the ship not just the same spot as most ships now sink over time instead of just blowing to pieces - so now you have to use judgement whether a ship is going to sink or whether you need another torp
Dont rush it
On your deck gun try to aim below the waterline and again aim at different compartments
Stick with it - its a great mod just a little different from the stock game:up:

KevinB
06-30-06, 08:15 AM
Hi KevinB
GW uses the NYGM damage model so you need to spread your torpedos to different areas of the ship not just the same spot as most ships now sink over time instead of just blowing to pieces - so now you have to use judgement whether a ship is going to sink or whether you need another torp
Dont rush it
On your deck gun try to aim below the waterline and again aim at different compartments
Stick with it - its a great mod just a little different from the stock game:up:

OK Thanks for that bigboy I'll try that.
Incidentally,as they take some time to sink do I have to wait to see the result or can I move on. Will I get credit for this?

bigboywooly
06-30-06, 09:49 AM
You only have to wait until it says - "shes going down" or "enemy unit destroyed"
You can sail away after that message no problem
Another thing is dont save a game until you get that message if attacking a ship or when you load that save game you wont get credit for it

KevinB
06-30-06, 10:50 AM
You only have to wait until it says - "shes going down" or "enemy unit destroyed"
You can sail away after that message no problem
Another thing is dont save a game until you get that message if attacking a ship or when you load that save game you wont get credit for it

Cheers