PDA

View Full Version : Grey Wolf's help please

NKVD-crazyivan
06-25-06, 09:28 PM
Hi all great mod tried RUB as well like this better.

i have some issues that would love some answers to please.Bearing in mind im a noob on the PC.

1.Clean install of SH3 updated to the latest patch.........Installed all files for Grey Wolfs 1.1a installed SH3 Commander latest one as well.

2.Took options 16k light atmosphere....Selected generic contact names.......
and crew fatigue 24hrs as extras.
3.SH3 Commander selected realistic crew fatigue and also RUB mod as i really like not having to micromanage.........the crew

Right so after this i need some help.

1.I know its my first patrol and my crew are green but the fatigue icons are showing as SH3 defualt the (! )instead of the wee symble in RUB (-) and my crew tire easy but like Rub get to a point were they stop and dont get any worse just bearly maintiang there station effectiveness.

They also dont replenish there fatigue when in resting quarters like RUB.Does SH3 Commander use the same modle as RUB when selected is it copatable with GW and does it over right GW 24hour mod.Is the Rub fatigue mod built into SH3commnader.

I would really love to have the fatigue mod work as it does in RUB

2.Ship contacts now only come up as "contact" even when you can see them with your own eye i want the old contact report back where it listed type of ship even with out using the shipe recgognition manual.Also my sonar guy called out if it was a warship or frieghter........i selected generic ship names in the installation of GW............is there any way i can get this to work with out a reinstall...........also can you uninstall the extra mods or install new ones with out reinstalling the whole game for GW that came as extras in this DL.ie taking out atmosphere 16k and puting in 8k etc...

thanks for any help love this game and the mod.

Kpt. Lehmann
06-26-06, 01:56 AM
Hi matey. My answers in orange.

Hi all great mod tried RUB as well like this better.

We are glad you like it!!! :up: :up: :up:

i have some issues that would love some answers to please.Bearing in mind im a noob on the PC.

1.Clean install of SH3 updated to the latest patch.........Installed all files for Grey Wolfs 1.1a installed SH3 Commander latest one as well.

Perfect so far.

2.Took options 16k light atmosphere....Selected generic contact names.......
and crew fatigue 24hrs as extras.
3.SH3 Commander selected realistic crew fatigue and also RUB mod as i really like not having to micromanage.........the crew

Right so after this i need some help.

1.I know its my first patrol and my crew are green but the fatigue icons are showing as SH3 defualt the (! )instead of the wee symble in RUB (-) and my crew tire easy but like Rub get to a point were they stop and dont get any worse just bearly maintiang there station effectiveness.
The Rub fatigue mod as you chose in SH3 Cmdr overrides GW fatigue settings and this should be fine... HOWEVER it does not override the graphics. The RUb mod changes the graphics for the fatigue mod... I do not believe that SH3 Cmdr does... will confer w/JScones.

They also dont replenish there fatigue when in resting quarters like RUB.Does SH3 Commander use the same modle as RUB when selected is it copatable with GW and does it over right GW 24hour mod.Is the Rub fatigue mod built into SH3commnader.
You can only run one fatigue model at a time. Since you are using SH3 Commander, whatever fatigue model you select there will be the one you are using in-game.

If you have chosen this option in SH3 Cmdr... it is doing just that.

2.Ship contacts now only come up as "contact" even when you can see them with your own eye i want the old contact report back where it listed type of ship even with out using the shipe recgognition manual.Also my sonar guy called out if it was a warship or frieghter........i selected generic ship names in the installation of GW............is there any way i can get this to work with out a reinstall...........also can you uninstall the extra mods or install new ones with out reinstalling the whole game for GW that came as extras in this DL.ie taking out atmosphere 16k and puting in 8k etc...

I will need to confer with JScones about the auto-installer before one of us answers here fully...
In our next major build we are going to field a corrected version of the "Generic Contact mod" and change up one or two things about the auto-installer to make it more user mistake-proof. No offense intended mate.

thanks for any help love this game and the mod.[/quote]

I'm glad you are happy with our mod. An immense amount of work went into it with the help of a great crew... Just wait til you see what we have cooking around the corner. :arrgh!:

JScones
06-26-06, 03:25 AM
The Rub fatigue mod as you chose in SH3 Cmdr overrides GW fatigue settings and this should be fine... HOWEVER it does not override the graphics. The RUb mod changes the graphics for the fatigue mod... I do not believe that SH3 Cmdr does... will confer w/JScones.
Correct.

Please note though, that if you find that your crew are tiring easier than they used to, it may be because your "When in 3D Views" TC setting is greater than 32. RUb's fatigue models expect this value to be 32. Any greater, and your crew will tire quicker.

You can only run one fatigue model at a time. Since you are using SH3 Commander, whatever fatigue model you select there will be the one you are using in-game.
Correct again. The RUb fatigue model selectable in SH3Cmdr is the exact same model as in RUb (SH3Cmdr was originally based on RUb). This means no replenishment.

If you have chosen this option in SH3 Cmdr... it is doing just that.
:yep: Exactly. Notwithstanding my point above re TC setting; don't be put off by the different icons, if you have selected the RUb fatigue model in SH3Cmdr, you WILL be getting the RUb fatigue model in the game.

I will need to confer with JScones about the auto-installer before one of us answers here fully...
In our next major build we are going to field a corrected version of the "Generic Contact mod" and change up one or two things about the auto-installer to make it more user mistake-proof. No offense intended mate.
Provided you haven't installed any mods subsequent to installing GW1.1a, simply run the GW1.1a installer again and select the options that you *really* want. The installer is smart enough to manage the file swapping (which some may not find surprising ;)).

The only exception is the enhanced seafloor textures. Once they are installed, the only way to remove them is to replace then with either stock or other versions of the files.

NKVD-crazyivan
06-26-06, 04:59 AM
thanks alot guys mind now is at rest.

the rub fatigue is working well after a couple of games there geting better.
if i here you both right if im in 3d and exceed 32TC they will fatigue quicker?
i fixed the contacts just reinstalled the GW over the top and deselected the generic ship contact now they id the contacts great.

So if i reinstall the GW agian can i go back to the defualt 8k light the 16k is lagging in storms a little not to bad but i still wish to run at full AA it looks awesome.

the moscow bug is crap i wish they would fix it thanks heaps JScones and kpt Lehmann you guys rock love this game so much.....

ohhh one other thing having GW 1.1 is that the latest GW i heard there may be a new version of atmosphere etc to add to it....

JScones
06-26-06, 05:11 AM
if i here you both right if im in 3d and exceed 32TC they will fatigue quicker?
Yes.

So if i reinstall the GW agian can i go back to the defualt 8k light the 16k is lagging in storms a little not to bad but i still wish to run at full AA it looks awesome.
Yup. Just leave all Atmosphere options unselected.

ohhh one other thing having GW 1.1 is that the latest GW i heard there may be a new version of atmosphere etc to add to it....
The latest GW is really v1.1a. It is v1.1 with the AI U-boat overlay and missing SH3 map fix. You can get the fix separately through http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=90874.