PDA

View Full Version : Gimme Mods

hardcampa
06-23-06, 02:59 PM
Something for you guys to ponder upon.

I have no doubt a lot of you out there are sitting on mods you can't live without, or want to share.
Instead of us hunting around for valid download links and triple clicking our ways through rapidshare or whatever; why not upload your favourite mods to me, and I'll add them to ftp://gibbage.mine.nu.

All you need to do is fire up your ftp client of choice and go to ftp://gibbage.mine.nu, change dir to incoming and upload your mods.
Don't worry you can't accidentally upload into wrong section as uploads will be denied then.
After this I'll move the mods out the Various Mods section or whatever section that fits.

For your information, "downloading" from the incoming dir is denied, to prevent "evildoers" from trying to spread warez through that dir. I will move the files you guys upload into their proper sections first, before you can start to download them; so never link to something in the "incoming" dir.

The only rule I've got on the incoming dir is that I want single archives in zip, rar or 7z. You can't create dirs there, to avoid nasty bots creating a billion dirs etc.
This will make mod linking and such a breeze as you can link directly -- without timers, and triple clicks etc -- from me, once I've moved the mods out into their proper sections.

I know I'm pretty new to you guys (and this forum), but my server has been serving files for years =)

In the end, if there's interest I can even add a rsync service for you.
Which means that if we have someone else that wants an exact copy of a directory or the entire site, he can simply rsync with me say once a day to have a syncronized copy of everything I've got, thus, he can mirror me giving you guys additional bandwidth for your downoads.

It's a thought.. if you guys want it. Make it happen.

Der Teddy Bar
06-23-06, 06:25 PM
hardcampa,
Thankyou for hosting the NYGM, GW & support tools.

A great contribution to the entire community.

Pants
06-23-06, 06:30 PM
I second what Teddy Bar says
Very nice of you to take the time and effort :up:

Grey Legion
06-24-06, 03:42 PM
:up: Thanks a bunch for the FTP !!

D/L'ing as I type this, being a FTP is great for the larger mods, being able to resume if connection craps out is a big plus !!

Thanks Again !!