PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft problems - Please Help.

Reece
06-14-06, 09:26 AM
Hi, I have tried many times to sort the problem out of far too many aircraft that can drop bombs with almost always a direct hit, this is on the first patrol 1939!:-?
I checked for aircraft in the RND.mis file and there are no aircraft of any type here:
Type=300 ;Fighter
Type=301 ;Bomber
Type=302 ;Dive Bomber
Type=303 ;Torpedo Bomber
Type=304 ;Patrol
It's bad enough that they pop out of nowhere with NO warning, let alone the frequency & numbers with the skill of an ace!!:x
Could someone please point to the file/s that maybe edited, I am currently using HT147 except the RND layer is stock.:)
Many Thanks,
Reece.:cry:

bigboywooly
06-14-06, 09:31 AM
Hi I think the file you want is

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Cfg\AirStrike.c fg

smoke
06-14-06, 09:46 AM
Hi, Right Go to shiii/data/cfg/ Airstrike. Scroll down to Logic steps between air sessions=10 Change this to logic steps between air sessions=25 or what ever you want. This will cut down on the number of aircraft,and the time between attacks.

Viktor Vogel

U-8

Reece
06-14-06, 10:04 AM
Well I'll sure give it a go, seems unusual that others don't seem to have the same problem, and I must say that some months ago I never had this problem, probably to do with the fact that I'm using 75+ Mods!:-?
Thanks.

Reece
06-14-06, 10:23 AM
I did find that this file was altered, I think, by a mod called Airpower.
Will have to do some more tests but certainly the figures were around 4 times higher on nearly all variables.:D Why did I have that mod installed ??? :huh:

andy_311
06-14-06, 07:37 PM
I know the feeling my last patrol i had to dock in St Nazarine instead of Lorient,about 500m from the quey bang bombs droping on me left,right,and centre all missed (lucky me) but I could not exit the game because of them damm planes shot 3 down,saw 8 go down so I assume 5 where knocked out by the HT but them silly idiot's on the quey side still played the fanfair tottally unrealistic.

Reece
06-14-06, 09:40 PM
My gunners got their certificates from a weeties packet!:rotfl: Not the pilots though, first pass, direct hit killing the useless gunner & nearly sending me to Davy Jones locker!!:D I am going to put a new thread up to see if anyone knows much about the sim.cfg file, I think CB has fiddled with this.:up:
Cheers.