PDA

View Full Version : From the NYGM Mod Team...

Observer
06-06-06, 07:07 PM
I speak on behalf of the NYGM Team when I say it was not our intention to exclude credit for anyone’s work, used in whole or in part, in NYGM’s Tonnage War v2.0.

We made some effort to credit those who's work we included in this version both in the user manual and the included additional documentation. Clearly this was inadequate. Ironically, the documentation is a double edged sword. We wanted to convey the extent of the changes, however we failed to apply the same standard for other mods adopted in whole or part. For that, we offer our sincerest apologies to those we have failed to recognize or recognize appropriately, and we would like to thank you for your contribution.

I would also like to point out that the extended unified campaign, included in this mod, was developed as a joint project by Rubini, the Grey Wolves and NYGM mod teams. Prior to his departure, Rubini passed all of his work, which included the ships, planes, airbases, etc required to make the unified campaign work. This work was shared by all parties involved with the understanding that it would be integrated into future modifications, as is the case with NYGM TW v2.0.

However we would be remiss, as is clearly the case, if we failed to note those who contributed to the development of this mod. For this we wish to thank Rubini and the Grey Wolves team, as well as the others documented in the Grey Wolves readme.

Finally, I would like to thank those that continue to make mods, and those who continue to use them. You provide the impetus to continue striving for a better SH3 experience.

Best Regards,
NYGM Team

Cdre Gibs
06-06-06, 08:53 PM
I thank you for the above statement Observer.
It go's a long way to addressing all concernd. All that I feel is needed now, is a revised readme/manual that includes all the appropriate credits.

Thx

Ducimus
06-06-06, 09:03 PM
Sounds like some drama ensued over something. I honestly havent had a chance to look over their updated manual very closely, let alone look at their files.

But i can't help but be curious now, what exactly are the credits and who's work did they use?

EDIT:

Ahh, i see said the blind man.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=94079&page=4

On a side note, Not that i particuarlly care one way or the other, but after the "what were you guys smoking" thread, ill find this highly amusing if the noise/wave factor settings in the sim.cfg are anywhere near what i had ultimatly recommended.

Meh, even if they are, im just gonna shut up about it and let sleeping dogs lay, there just numbers in a cfg file. It's like a "what do you want? a medal or a chest to pin it on?" type of thing to me.

caspofungin
06-06-06, 10:07 PM
let me take the liberty to quote observer from the thread entitled "ai detection..."

I would also like to provide special recognition to redwine, ducimus, cb, col7777, jungman, sniper_1, and timetraveller -- they all contributed to the basic info and research that ultimately helped result in the current sonar settings.

:D

Ducimus
06-06-06, 10:41 PM
I have no chest big enough to pin a medal on, so the medal itself wouldn't do me much good. ;)

Seriously though, im curious as to what numbers their using in their sim.cfg file they aren't 1 noise factor and 0.5 wave factor. Im sure they fine tuned it even farther and found a really good happy combination. Right now i think im using 0.40 noise factor and 0.75 wave factor (+ or - 0.5 points), so if they found something better id be intrested in seeing what it was.

Observer
06-06-06, 10:48 PM
To be exact:

[Hydrophone]
Detection time=0.75 ;[s]
Sensitivity=0.04 ;(0..1)
Height factor=0 ;[m]
Waves factor=1.0 ;[>=0]
Speed factor=18 ;[kt]
Noise factor=0.25 ;[>=0]

but this is also used in conjunction with the changes to the AI_Sensors.dat.

Ducimus
06-06-06, 11:04 PM
To be exact:

[Hydrophone]
Detection time=0.75 ;[s]
Sensitivity=0.04 ;(0..1)
Height factor=0 ;[m]
Waves factor=1.0 ;[>=0]
Speed factor=18 ;[kt]
Noise factor=0.25 ;[>=0]

but this is also used in conjunction with the changes to the AI_Sensors.dat.

WOW. If this was on the stock AI_sensor.dat, they'ed be able to hear a puckerfish pass gas at 8000 meters on a clear day :D

Observer
06-06-06, 11:27 PM
WOW. If this was on the stock AI_sensor.dat, they'ed be able to hear a puckerfish pass gas at 8000 meters on a clear day :D
Exactly. That's why the AI_sensor.dat changes are so very important.

And here's the changes to the sonar:

[Sonar]
Detection time=5 ;[s]
Sensitivity=0.04 ;(0..1)
Waves factor=0.6 ;[>=0]
Speed factor=20 ;[kt]
Enemy surface factor=200 ;[m2]
Lose time=30 ;[s]

Again, the changes to the AI_sensor.dat are equally critical for proper behavior.

In both cases, sensitivity is the really funny one. Don't be misled by the notes in the dat file on what it does. It's much more powerful than it appears on the surface.