PDA

View Full Version : Sub Command/Dangerous Waters Manual

Kapitan_Phillips
06-02-06, 07:05 PM
I recently bought Sub Command with the bigarse manual. I also have a copy of Dangerous Waters, but the manual for that is in .pdf (:nope: ) So what I wanna know is are there any massive differences in what the manuals tell you, or does the information in the Sub Command manual apply to the submarines in Dangerous Waters?

Skybird
06-04-06, 07:23 AM
Concerning subs, if you can handle the subs in SC, you will feel at home with the subs in DW.

That you do not learn from SC how to handle a frigate, a chopper, a plane in DW, is pretty much self-explanatory...

the manual of DW is 2-3 times as thick than that of SC, for that reason.

Kapitan_Phillips
06-04-06, 10:37 AM
heh, guess which manual came.

The EA games "lets save a buck or two" one.

Skybird
06-04-06, 12:22 PM
Don't know what you mean. SC comes with a printed quick start booklet, and an indepth pdf-manual. DW I bought second hand with a printed beats-Falcon4-manual.

aatyas
03-05-07, 06:01 AM
Call me old fashioned- not the same as reading a dam PDF file.

Miss days when most Military Sims had huge telephone book size manuals- Falcon Series, MiG 29 etc.. where I would love to pour through the charts, diagrams, get occassional paper cuts- make marks in margins.

:D

desertisland
03-15-07, 08:47 AM
I actually prefer the save-a-tree approach. Who really reads from page one to the last of those monstrosities? I rather they keep to the essentials with their printed manual and leave the the redundant details to the pdf. Quantity does not equate quality and info-overload = garbage. I have attempted to read the entire Dangerous Waters manual seriously and found it to be repetitious in technical jargons and poor in substance.