PDA

View Full Version : Lifeboat's mod?

Ducimus
06-02-06, 05:26 PM
Wasn't there a lifeboats mod somewhere? I remember seeing it linked in somebody's sig but i forget who's it was.. Anyone use it or know where it is?

bigboywooly
06-02-06, 05:59 PM
Sergbuto has created a lifeboat mod, but it's still a WIP. It consisted of a wooden boat with two survivors (those life-jacketed armed guards you see on the ships' decks). <Quick search of site bought this up
It is on serg site but no download link whereas the others on there have

http://web.telia.com/~u18230645/

Ducimus
06-02-06, 07:02 PM
Sergbuto has created a lifeboat mod, but it's still a WIP. It consisted of a wooden boat with two survivors (those life-jacketed armed guards you see on the ships' decks). <Quick search of site bought this up
It is on serg site but no download link whereas the others on there have

http://web.telia.com/~u18230645/

Ahh, yup, that was the one. Thanks. Bummer you can't D/L it. i was kidna looking forward to seeing a rowboat or two in the flotsam after a ship goes down. :rotfl:

iambecomelife
06-02-06, 07:35 PM
Ahh, yup, that was the one. Thanks. Bummer you can't D/L it. i was kidna looking forward to seeing a rowboat or two in the flotsam after a ship goes down. :rotfl:

I think he said it's actually a unit like any other ship - it cannot be scripted to spawn after a ship is torpedoed.

panthercules
06-03-06, 12:05 AM
I wonder what happened to the theory/idea that maybe the boxes that pop off as the ships go down could be changed/modded so as to be lifeboats - it sounded like that might be a real possibility, but I assume it must not have worked or we'd have lifeboats by now :cry:

Ducimus
06-03-06, 12:36 AM
I wonder what happened to the theory/idea that maybe the boxes that pop off as the ships go down could be changed/modded so as to be lifeboats - it sounded like that might be a real possibility, but I assume it must not have worked or we'd have lifeboats by now :cry:

Honestly that was what i orginally thought the lifeboat mod was. The thing is, are those crates sprites, or real 3d objects? Either way it would require a bit of artwork on the part of the modder to replace the existing sprite or 3d wireframe object with a homemade one. Then again, lifeboats are rendered on some ships, and i think they do fly off on their own, (such as higgens boats) but they just sink to the bottom along with everythign else.

HW3
06-03-06, 11:35 AM
If I remember correctly, Sergbuto said he didn't like the way they popped up out of the water, and they wouldn't stay afloat very long as they started sinking like the boxes do.

bigboywooly
06-03-06, 12:53 PM
the only way i can see of doing it is to make the lifeboat a new seperate unit that spawns from the ship much like aircraft spawn from cruisers etc but getting it to spawn at time of sinking :hmm: and i should imagine a lot of work changing existing ships to include the lifeboat unit

sergbuto
06-03-06, 02:08 PM
If I remember correctly, Sergbuto said he didn't like the way they popped up out of the water, and they wouldn't stay afloat very long as they started sinking like the boxes do.

It is only part of the problem.

I have not been able to find out where it is defined what kind of debris is spawned in what sitution and how to define spawning of a specific type of debris upon ship sinking.