PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Detection?

submariner1887
05-21-06, 04:51 PM
First off I'm a newb to the game so i appreciate your patience in advance. But here are my questions:

1) When enemies ping you, does that count as counterdetection?

2) I am having problems especially in the missile test and avoiding detection in general. A lot of the missions ask you to get some where pretty quickly and to stay quiet at the same time. Can anyone give me some good advice about how to avoid counterdetection just in general?

Any help will be great. Thanks guys!

Linton
05-22-06, 05:05 PM
Hello to you and welcome to subsim.The game you have chosen has lost a lot of its popularity and following since Dangerous Waters was launched.Also a lot of the old forum topics were lost when a system upgrade took place a while back.
What platform are you using and what are the scenarios you are playing.Also are you playing the stock game or SCX?I will try and help you out once you have provided me with more info.
I have not played SC for a while and my gaming computer is in refit.

submariner1887
05-23-06, 10:59 AM
Ok all i have as far as mods and stuff is the stock program plus the 108 patch.

As far as missions goes, the missile test level is what i am currently having problems with because i dont know how to go undetected while still having some speed to get in range to monitor the missile test. There seems to be a lot of missions in the campaign where you have to get somewhere and get there fast without being detected. And a more specific question is does the active sonar of the Udoloy count as counter detection? If it does there seems to be no way go undetected through the mission.

But what I'm looking for is just some general tactics for travelling undetected.

Thanks for the help.

Linton
05-29-06, 03:47 AM
Submariner 1887,when I get my laptop back i will play the mission myself.The Udaloy's sonar does count.Look at the incoming sonar display and underneath there is a coloured scale.Getting somewhere quick make sure you are under the layer and sprint and drift.DO NOT cavitate.Easy rule to remember is that your depth should be greater than the square of your speed..

Bill Nichols
05-29-06, 10:09 AM
There are some good documents on sub tactics at my site (on the Downloads page). You'll find a lot of good experience and knowledge there!