PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts

Palindromeria
05-14-06, 12:37 PM
http://members.aol.com/palindromeria/myhomepage/sh2files/RANDOMFIGHT.zip

i would like to write a mission that allows for thousands of possibilites.
i personally think it wouls be cool to sit down start one mission and have it give me a completely different mission every time !
kinda like the quick missions. but with more ships more battle more potential from everything from a down pilot pickup , to a mined harbor / land assault to a blue water asw op. toss in the occasional friendly group to be in the midst of a fleetwar against random enemy formations..

the above mission merely scratches at the surface as my abilities are still quite crude.

for starters

with 1.03 do i need the helodipping fix thats on subguru ?

how in the heck do i apply some of the really good ideas you guys have on random depth and/or speed scripts to hundreds/(thousands ?) of potential ships and subs and aircraft ?

at this large a scale am i better off just copying and pasting 10 or 20 of the same ship and changing up the speeds and/or depths and putting them into greatgreatgreatgrandchildren groups to choose only 1 of the 20 or better to try creating scripts triggers and hidden whales to activate them ?

what is the limit for the objects i can place ?

and seriously
what else really just doesnt work right ?

THANKS
dave

ps - pm about about broken stuff would be fine,
i prefer to keep thread positive.

MaHuJa
05-15-06, 12:09 PM
i would like to write a mission that allows for thousands of possibilites.
i personally think it wouls be cool to sit down start one mission and have it give me a completely different mission every time !

I suggest the name "dynamic" missions, from the Operation Flashpoint series of missions; though they were sorta resetting themselves.

kinda like the quick missions. but with more ships more battle more potential from everything from a down pilot pickup , to a mined harbor / land assault to a blue water asw op. toss in the occasional friendly group to be in the midst of a fleetwar against random enemy formations..

how in the heck do i apply some of the really good ideas you guys have on random depth and/or speed scripts to hundreds/(thousands ?) of potential ships and subs and aircraft ? at this large a scale am i better off just copying and pasting 10 or 20 of the same ship and changing up the speeds and/or depths and putting them into greatgreatgreatgrandchildren groups to choose only 1 of the 20 or better to try creating scripts triggers and hidden whales to activate them ?

I have a neutralsgenerator in the works - but at this point, the code isn't even usable for anything. The goal is for the generator to handle most of this.

and seriously

...did anyone write that book yet? No? :hulk:

(Someone should put up a wiki for the mission editor, and any time something doesn't work, the mission maker should put in an entry for it...)

Palindromeria
05-15-06, 02:55 PM
I suggest the name "dynamic" missions, from the Operation Flashpoint series of missions; though they were sorta resetting themselves.

and seriously

...did anyone write that book yet? No? :hulk:

:D
i had meant specifically with the mission editor.

i know that the sonobuoy search tactic for aircraft is wonky.
i know that tactics added at waypts is also wonky depsite speed and depth changes functioning correctly. (what about target mode ? )

Operation Flashpoint ? gotta link ?

I have a neutralsgenerator in the works - but at this point, the code isn't even usable for anything. The goal is for the generator to handle most of this.

with all the many features its kinda surprising scs didnt include merely 2 more dialogue boxes in unit info. (1.04 beg beg beg wishlist)
1 more for speed 1 more for depth/altitude
then you have min/max for each and just
let the game pick from in between the limits.

thanks,
dave

LuftWolf
05-16-06, 12:01 AM
with 1.03 do i need the helodipping fix thats on subguru

If you are running the LWAMI Mod then this is not necessary, the fix has been expanded on considerably.

I should point out that the helodipping doctrine is a restoration of the subcommand doctrine. It doesn't always work right, and the database is still the DW database, so the sensors aren't properly configured.

The helos may dip, but they aren't really getting anything from it.

If you don't want to use LWAMI, then you are more or less stuck with helos that don't use dipping sonar.