PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Groups/Locations

kgsuarez
04-26-06, 05:54 PM
Hello.

I want to make a simple mission where an Ohio class will spawn at a random part of the map. The way I have tried to do this is:

I made 4 Ohio classes, each has a prob of incl. of 100%. Then I made 4 Dynamic Locations (Dynamic Location 1 was assigned Ohio class 1, Dynamic Location 2, Ohio Class 2, etc.). When I started the mission like this, all 4 Ohios would spawn in the 4 locations. So I made a dynamic group called OhioSub. In that dynamic group I added all 4 of the Ohios, max 1, min 1. Now when I start the mission the Ohio is spawned in the same place every time. What did I do wrong? Is there a better way to do what I want?

Fish
04-26-06, 06:00 PM
Set the subgroups to 25 % probability. And the Ohio's prob too.

kgsuarez
04-26-06, 07:29 PM
Okay, I set the prob. of incl. for the Ohios at 25%, but what is the "subgroups"? Do you mean the Dynamic Group prob. of incl.?

btw, I only have one Dynamic Group, that is correct, yes?

Molon Labe
04-26-06, 07:34 PM
If you're trying to put one Ohio in a random spot, just put one Ohio on the map, set it to 100%, and use the dynamic locations alone.

You'd only need to use dynamic groups if you wanted something to be different about the Ohio depending on where it was spawned, for example, its course.

kgsuarez
04-26-06, 07:37 PM
Right, of course. It seems so logical now. :lol:

I am using a random box pattern tactic for them, so course should not matter.

I am probably going to want to learn how to do this so that it will spawn an Ohio, or some other kind of sub. But I will deal with that later.

Thank you.

(I just hope it works)

kgsuarez
04-26-06, 07:42 PM
On the second though... why not explain this to me now?

I ran a search and found a post by Jamie from a while back about this. I didn't really understand it so much though.

Man, this sucks. I am too drunk to mess with the mission editor now. :doh:

EDIT: Or am I..? :-? Perhaps I will give this a try.

Fish
04-27-06, 12:55 PM
Okay, I set the prob. of incl. for the Ohios at 25%, but what is the "subgroups"? Do you mean the Dynamic Group prob. of incl.?

btw, I only have one Dynamic Group, that is correct, yes?

One dynamic group, four Ohio's, min 1, max 1. Prob of inclusion 100 %.
Prob of inclusion for the separate Ohio's 25 %.
But, it's easyer to use Dynamic locations in your case, like MolonLabe says.