PDA

View Full Version : Flying with joystick

Miska
04-06-06, 07:02 AM
I bought a cheap joystick so i can fly Orion as a pilot. I know that Orion is big plane and not as maneuverable as fighter jet
but this is like flying a iron. I dont play flight sims so i don't know is this because of my cheap joystick or is this mentioned to be like this.
ps. and runway is damn short too (1.8 km)

LuftWolf
04-06-06, 11:54 AM
Did you calibrate your joystick?

(You do still need to do that right? Last time I used a joystick was a MS Sidewinder in about 1996...)

Miska
04-06-06, 02:40 PM
Yes i calibrated it and there was not any difference before and after that but maybe it is mentioned to be like this i don't know.
And i raise my hat to that guy who landed his Orion on aircraft carrier there was old topic about that with pics. :rock:

OneShot
04-07-06, 03:13 AM
The Orion in the game flies like a pregnant pig. But then its a big and slow airplane. Anyway what you experience is "normal" i.e. thats the behaviour as coded in the game, but then this is no Flightsim and the ability to use your Joystick is more of a Goodie then really important and necessary.

MaHuJa
04-12-06, 09:48 AM
And i raise my hat to that guy who landed his Orion on aircraft carrier there was old topic about that with pics. :rock:

I've done that too, inspired by those pictures (I would never have had the idea myself) - but it was quite the sow.

Last I flew manually, I had extremely slow roll. Far slower than the AI and autopilot rolled. I believe that was with 1.01, but the patch changelist doesn't mention anything.

GunnersMate
04-12-06, 11:16 AM
<trying to do an Immelman> "stupid flight sim!" :roll: