PDA

View Full Version : OT: What site are OBLIVION mod makers gravitating to?

vois2
04-05-06, 10:57 AM
I'm going to be jumping into Oblivion this weekend, and I'd like to find out what is everyone's favorite Oblivion tweaks and mods site? There's only about 33,000 of them on Google. But my experience with previous games (such as SH3) is that the really good, communicative mod makers will be gravitating towards just a few sites.

So, what is your favorite site for this? Thanks!

(Sorry for the OT.)

tedhealy
04-05-06, 11:02 AM
The mod section of the official forum. http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/

It's a bit unorganized but most mods out there seem to at least get a mention there if they aren't born there.

Seeadler
04-05-06, 11:22 AM
I have installed two mod packages by now

- Improved UI Mods with No Markers
Removes the quest, dungeon, interesting places marker from the compass.
I don't like the markers, they are already nearly like the red triangle in SH :D

- Cheydinhal Petshop
I can buy now dogs and other pets as companions

tedhealy
04-05-06, 11:48 AM
:-j At last count, I have about 40 installed and none are conflicting.

arrow velocity - lesser quality arrows don't travel as fast

TF timemod - 1 real minute now equals 10 in game minutes instead of default 30

vampire cure potion - some vendors have a 800$ cure vamp potion

third person crosshair - makes aiming in the 3rd person mode easier

lighter alchemy ingredients - plants don't take up so much of your encumberance anymore

Better gold skin - better looking gold

deadlier traps - traps kill you now

arena modification (no level scaling) - arena fighters don't scale around you . You need to be a high level character to complete the arena now

darker dungeon - torches are needed now
darker nights - very atmospheric

pretty elves - elves look better

bald hairstyle

ahem topless patch ahem

steelweaponbalance - steel weapons have more bite so that you could carry a steel weapon throughout the whole game

steelArmBalance - ups the protection of heavy armor to go with steelweaponbalance

arks problematic potions - the number of potions you can use is controlled by your alchemy skill

better water - more reflections on surface and less fog under

harvest - picking plants removes them from world until they regrow reducing the pixel hunt when harvesting

natural faces - better looking faces

short grass v2 - reduces length of grass to reduce load on gpu

slower oblivion - leveling up now takes 3x as long

300 classes - adds paladin and a few other classes with new powers

potion sorter - renames potions so they sort better in the list

rare items - makes rare items rare. No more will every bandit and his sister have glass armor after you reach a certain level

landscape lod textures - In addition to the BT UI mod, this one is a must. It doubles the texture size on landscape stuff.

lodnmr - better textures, works very well with landscape lod textures

call steed/saddlebags - call your horse to you and store stuff in saddlebags on the horse

jump adjustments - can't jump as high, reduces jump height while wearing heavy armor

color map mod

btmod for UI - a must. Fixes the xbox360 centric UI and makes it more pc friendly

wcgl wilderness creature list - creatures now don't scale so much around you and now there is a chance for things you can't beat to spawn

no psychic guards - reduces the range guards hear alarms and murders

better nightsky - better texture for stars/moons

combat behavior mod - increases options for creatures/npcs in a fight. They may block more or move around more or power swing more

axebane hunters mod 2.0 - ups the price for hides and now alters wildlife behavior a bit. Some creatures are a bit more passive and won't attack you on site until you approach too close

fathis fix - bug fix for a mage guild character

I like mods :o

Myxale
04-05-06, 11:52 AM
I installed the new Torpedo spell, ! :rotfl:
Sorry silly joke! :lol:

vois2
04-05-06, 06:57 PM
Thanks to you all very much!

You've saved me a lot of time and trial and error!!!

XXi
04-06-06, 09:12 PM
Official forums is really good place to track good and noteworthy mods, just like in case of Morrowind. I suppose that it`ll take some more time to get some really excellent mods though...
Good thing is, there are many modders already and the CS has not been changed drastically, it makes everything much better.