PDA

View Full Version : AI Helo don't stop radiating with LWAMI

OKO
04-02-06, 01:16 AM
Well , this is a problem quite easy to describe : With latest 3.02, AI Helos just never stop to use their radars.

Even if you are on the OHP, as leader of the AI helo, you just can't stop the helo to radiate, whatever you do (ASTAC & WEAPCO) : :ping:
This problem doesn't exist on the stock DW.

This is, of course, a big problem, and I think it's coming from the new helo doctrine. :damn:
Awaiting your fix, LuftWolf :up:

Kazuaki Shimazaki II
04-02-06, 06:00 AM
Apparently, he knows, there is no way to fix it without giving up something more important:

Ok, I've got some interesting news.

First, there is going to be no update at all at this point to the EMCON behavior of the player FFG AI Helo.

The command in the doctrine that controls the initial radar setting has to be left as it is because that is the command to enable ALL of the MH60's sensors (I can't do it individually at this time anyway...). If I don't do that, then NONE of the sensors work at all.

The GOOD news is that although the MH60 defaults to radar on, you can actually turn it off using the REMRO feature at the Weapons Coord. station after setting the helo into RADAR link mode. Now it may sound funny, but actually although the MH60 will still appear to be radiating on your EW, no other platforms (at least no human controlled platforms... I tested it over a LAN) can see the Helo radiating until you enable REMRO again. So, the problem actually only is there when you first launch the helo, you have to be sure to set it back into non-REMRO operation... just like in the good old days of DW 1.0. :-?

Sorry, I can't do anything about this. It has to stay as it is. It's good news that it can be turned off though, even if it does still seem to be broadcasting to you... wierd. Oh well. :|\

Also, I confirmed that the Helo Active dipper can be seen on player Active Intercept screens even with the REMRO function activated (I had suspected that the REMRO option was actually a EMCON feature for the helo but this is not the case... it just controls the radar, so even with the radar off, the dipper will still work in active and passive).

So thank you TLAM for bringing this up, but the fix is on the user-end, set REMRO and have faith that it doesn't have it's radar on despite what your sensors are telling you. That's the best I can say about this. :roll:

I'm going to look at the helicopter crashing issue next... I'm going to try to crash these birds no matter what!!! :stare:

OKO
04-02-06, 12:32 PM
hoooo
thanks kazuaki !
sorry LW I missed this one .....

LuftWolf
04-02-06, 06:11 PM
Thanks Kaz. :) :up: