PDA

View Full Version : great russian navy site (interiors exteriors sub)

Tofke
03-24-06, 06:48 AM
hi all,

i find a great site about russian "modern" navy with 32O photos of sub and many surface ship.

many "life in sub" pictures

here, sailors in "rest area" in ssgn :o

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/russian-navy01/SSGNinsiderest.jpg

So take a beer, sit in your sofa and click on "slideshow" button at http://photobucket.com/albums/y262/russian-navy01/?start=0

have a nice day :up:

Tofke (made in belgium)

JamesT73J
03-24-06, 08:55 AM
Who needs a holodeck!

I wonder if that's an Oscar - I'll have a look at these later.

GunnersMate
03-24-06, 09:25 AM
"What are these doors?" hmmm... :hmm: :-j

GunnersMate
03-24-06, 09:31 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/russian-navy01/S_49__SS_49__PZS_501.jpg

What is this "Elephant" class? :lol:

Oberon
03-24-06, 09:55 AM
I knew I recognised that punctuation...
That's Kapitain's site!!

XabbaRus
03-24-06, 10:58 AM
Oh and that Romeo, that fairwater over the bow isn't a lockout chamber for SEALs, but two 650mm tubes. That Romeo was used to test the SS-N-16 Stallion.....

GunnersMate
03-24-06, 12:02 PM
Oh and that Romeo, that fairwater over the bow isn't a lockout chamber for SEALs, but two 650mm tubes. That Romeo was used to test the SS-N-16 Stallion.....

And here I was thinking he was happy to see me! :smug:

Kapitan
03-24-06, 12:46 PM
Gunners mate already have them pictures in general topics called "inside a russian sub" the pictures i have are direct offical pictures by the designers rubin.

That picture is of an oscar 2 class SSGN they use breeze blocks if you knowtice because they are acctualy lighter than steel and also they are more boyant, not to mention they absorb sound. (hence why they are used in houses rather than bricks in the inner walls)

Kapitan
03-24-06, 12:46 PM
Forgot that romeo i think was based in the pacific fleet and yes it did test fire SS-N-16 and is also a convert for Special forces but its no longer used.

GunnersMate
03-24-06, 12:57 PM

And here I was thinking he was happy to see me! :smug:

It was a joke eg the phallic look of the bow :roll:

Sea Demon
03-25-06, 03:27 AM
Wow. :cool: Nice site. Lots of great pics, Kapitain. :up:

Just one correction on your site, though. On page 6-7 you show some periscope shots and list them incorrectly. Those periscope photos are actually from American subs sneaking up on the Russians. These are not Russian periscopes. :know: I've seen these same photos from USN naval photographic archives. ;)

Kapitan
03-25-06, 03:38 AM
What do i list i think it is what you see i dot think i name the vessels that are taking the pictures but then again it has been so long my brain has become fried.

BigBadVuk
03-25-06, 08:21 AM
Great site !... :up: How long did u colected photos...they r great!

Kapitan
03-25-06, 08:40 AM
They are just the ones i collected from the internet many many more at home and books and videos ect.

But about 8 years for the entire lot.

Sea Demon
03-25-06, 10:37 PM
What do i list i think it is what you see i dot think i name the vessels that are taking the pictures but then again it has been so long my brain has become fried.

Yeah. You list some photos like "Akula from periscope of Victor2" and such. Maybe you found them on some site listing them as such, but I've seen these from USN naval archives firsthand. Those are actually from American periscopes spying on the Russkies.. Look on Page 6 of your photo album. ;)

Kapitan
03-26-06, 02:13 AM
Oh ok il change that when i get round to it thanks for noticing.

Bellman
03-26-06, 02:37 AM
:lol: GunnersMate:It was a joke eg the phallic look of the bow

We simmers are held to be 'analy retentive' so humour is about as welcome as a fart at a party.

I recognise your talent and I know the 'S**t Movers and Shakers' down in 'Bilges' would welcome
your dropping in - so roll up your sleeves put on your 'Marigolds' and get stuck-in ! ;)

PS. Nice photos Kap - was that 8 years service or 'inside' ? Doubts about the 'rest-room' group photo -
looks like the Scrubs - and where are the pin-ups ?

:-j

Skorn
04-06-06, 01:32 AM
Very nice photos, thanks for sharing :up: