PDA

View Full Version : Modding tools again ..

Dr.Sid
03-20-06, 02:02 PM
How to convert j3d to anythig or from enything ? I found link to orion warriors but i don't have an acount there. Any other location where I can get some tools from ? I'd like to try to do some new meshes ..

Ramius
03-20-06, 02:07 PM
There is a 3ds to j3d coverter for 3DMax v3.

This is as far as i know of the ONLY (released) converter that will enable models to work within DW.

I believe there is a j3d to 3ds exporter, but it can seriously mess up the models when doing so, and you'll spend more time trying to put them back together again than making a new one.

The exporter is around on quite a few sites. Not 100% sure, but i think its on mine (if not i'll try and find a version to upload).

Dr.Sid
03-21-06, 10:10 AM
Well .. I cracked few 3d formats already .. But I don't want to play with GRP format .. I have cmputil which can be used for writing files into GRP. But I have no info how to extract files from GRP. So I don't even have any j3d to check them out :-)
Any ideas, links ?

Polak2
03-22-06, 12:02 AM
This is my 1st post here so Heloooo :sunny:

Interested too in DW 3D assets, but understand what Ramius is saying: messed up model is not worthy the time it takes ALWAYS to correct it. Still for the heck of it would ike to try this j3d23ds, but cannot find it anywhere.

I would love to get engaged with DW because of the complexity, but at the same time complexity costs time so ... uncertain :roll: .

Can get you perhaps some plane models. I guess, Xaba could confirm that.

Oh ... would forget the most important..
Looking for text database of modern warship spec, with weapons and sensor data and possibly whatever else. My main interest RN.

Dr.Sid
03-22-06, 01:16 PM
Found something here:

http://www.orionwarrior.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=86&sid=3e669c28e880463885013cbe1227efc4