PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Commander randomising features and multiplayer??????

gouldjg
03-09-06, 03:48 AM
It seems that apart from the few really hardcoded issues, almost anything can be done concerning ones gameplay with SH3.

I was just wondering if with the help of SH3 commander, a randomised treasure/wolfpack hunt could be created for multiplayer.

When I say randomised treasure hunt, I am meaning one special ship, done up to top notch i.e. the most valuable ship during WW2 or just a made up one.

A modeler create it,

A modder add it in multiple campaign or mission duplicated files at different points and different times,

Can SH3 commander then randomise the campaign or scenario folders so no one knows which one had been loaded into the game hence not knowing the time or start point for the ship or sub start point?

I am thinking more in the lines of multiplayer missions within small areas for shipping lanes, i.e. random start point, random shipping, and random enemy vessels (True wolfpack)

All I need to know is whether sh3 commander could organise and activate random mission or campaign files for use in multiplayer games or single player?

I am suspecting this is either a hardcoded incompatibility or just never been thought about before.

I am sure multiplayer can be livened up with all the new knowledge achieved.

Just how is the big question?

Sry for thinking aloud

Im off to bed now as stayed up for 29 hours on stupid assignment so that’s my excuse for being a space cadet today.

JScones
03-09-06, 03:50 AM
SH3Cmdr could support such a concept now - it would just need a modder to make it happen.

The problem would undoubtedly be version control with the multitude of mission/campaign files that are currently out there.

JScones
03-09-06, 03:54 AM
Hey, I'm not going insane, I thought I posted a response to this already! And I did. It's over in the mod forum...

gouldjg
03-09-06, 04:14 AM
hehehehehehehehe

I am just seeing if their is going to be any interest and wther it is going to worth looking into further.

If everyone is happy and most have gone well I will just have to wait for SH4 and pray it is similar file base as SH3.