PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to paint this sucker?

XabbaRus
02-06-06, 03:22 PM
Here she is.

Ready for painting.

http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/6246/ohio12bm.jpg

http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/9394/ohio28rj.jpg

Now I'll send the files to whoever wants but I'll send you an older version of DWEdit. It seems the newer version of DWEdit with the 3d viewer crashes when you put the Ohio in and with my machine and AAkens causes BSOD with an error message...might just be ATI cards. But as you can see it works fine in the game.

aaken
02-06-06, 04:53 PM
she looks awsome!!! :D :D

XabbaRus
02-06-06, 06:14 PM
Done a little paint job but need to sort some stuff out.

I need to send you the model again had to shift some stuff about on the map.

sonar732
02-06-06, 07:02 PM
If only I had something to paint with. :cry:

Thanks for using my boat XabbaRus!

Deathblow
02-08-06, 08:31 PM
I don't get it XabbaRus. Your such a good modeler... shouldn't skinning your models be the easy part?

TLAM Strike
02-23-06, 01:05 PM
Skinning is a B*itch trust me Deathblow!

I guess I could try and paint it.

GhOsT55
03-13-06, 07:25 PM
ne 1 tell me how to make my own models :damn:

XabbaRus
03-16-06, 03:32 PM
I don't get it XabbaRus. Your such a good modeler... shouldn't skinning your models be the easy part?

Skinning isn't the problem..painting it is.

GhOsT55
03-21-06, 08:14 PM
very nice i like it :up: :up: just one question will it have the trident missles and will it be controllable?

goldorak
03-22-06, 03:22 AM
very nice i like it :up: :up: just one question will it have the trident missles and will it be controllable?

No, it won't be controllable (it would go against SCS license to mod the game).

sonar732
03-22-06, 07:52 AM
Any updates on this XabbaRus? :hmm:

GhOsT55
03-22-06, 04:03 PM
grrrrr :damn: :damn: :damn:

GhOsT55
03-22-06, 05:20 PM

No, it won't be controllable (it would go against SCS license to mod the game).

well wat if scs gave him permission

goldorak
03-22-06, 05:57 PM
well wat if scs gave him permission

You don't understand, SCS has given permission to mod all we want EXCEPT the possibility to add new controllable platforms.
They want to be able to sell new platforms if the game is a success, thats the reason SCS doesn't want mod groups tinkering with dll files.
They made the issue crystal clear.

GhOsT55
03-22-06, 06:01 PM
nope i still dont get it (jk jk) but that is cheap i kinda am getting tired of the same platforms all the time

goldorak
03-22-06, 06:05 PM
nope i still dont get it (jk jk) but that is cheap i kinda am getting tired of the same platforms all the time

Then that's your problem I'm afraid.
Nobody on this forum or anywhere else is going to go against SCS.
Just wait until SCS publishes the expansion pack and buy it.
Its easy don't you think ?
And by the way, do you know how to use ALL the STATIONS on ALL the platforms, without any autocrew help ?

GhOsT55
03-22-06, 06:55 PM
most but the tma i hate :damn: :damn: :damn:

o waiting aint the funest for me

aaken
04-28-06, 07:01 AM
You can't add new platforms unless modifying dll's but you can switch playables without touching the dll's. You can f.ex. overwrite the chinese Kilos and use another diesel boat in their place just modifying the database and adding the 3d model. Same with the nukes. Some things you won't be able to do like changing the weapon load out or adding a TA to a diesel (well you can add the TA but you'll have no interface for it).

GhOsT55
05-06-06, 11:33 PM
You can't add new platforms unless modifying dll's but you can switch playables without touching the dll's. You can f.ex. overwrite the chinese Kilos and use another diesel boat in their place just modifying the database and adding the 3d model. Same with the nukes. Some things you won't be able to do like changing the weapon load out or adding a TA to a diesel (well you can add the TA but you'll have no interface for it).

can u tell me mor on how to do that?

sonar732
06-10-06, 11:24 AM
Hey Xabbas,

Any updates and have you created a SSGN to suppliment?

Eagle1_Division
12-26-06, 01:34 PM
I'd like to give it a try.

im gona have to reinstall my game because of my want for a non-4 sided ohio, i dled Xmodels and only saved my original object file, i tried restoring the deleted ones and now it errors every time i try to start the game.

about the model, doesn't the con tower look a bit too tall?

sonar732
02-25-07, 04:53 PM
What's the latest on the Ohio SSBN and SSGN's?