PDA

View Full Version : Weapon launch counter

suttorad
02-03-06, 05:05 AM
Is possible to make script for count launched weapons in previous campaign missions ?
Old good 688(i) HK had campaign mode, where You can set up weapon load only in start of the campaign, or before specific mission in this campaign. Is this possible in the DW ?

Miika
02-04-06, 06:06 AM
I think there was some discussion about this subject a while ago... :hmm:

If I remember right, the solution was that it is not possible, at least not yet.

Miika

MaHuJa
02-04-06, 06:51 AM
The player can do this voluntarily. Or there's the screenshots used for such an effect in that tournament on the CADC.

The game has no methods of enforcing that - and currently, there's no way to get this right - it must be the same sub/ship and there would need to be specified that there hasn't been replenishment this far. And what happens if the player played another platform in the previous mission?

Those questions need answers - answers that everybody can live with.

LuftWolf
02-04-06, 01:20 PM
I think TLAM came up with a way to do this. :know:

suttorad
02-10-06, 01:30 AM
I resolved counter problem, but I don't know how reduce or selective refresh loadout after next mission start.

LuftWolf
02-10-06, 02:08 AM
You can't force the player to take a certain loadout... this would be a wonderful thing to be able to do.

However, you can tell the player in the briefing to limit himself to the weapons specified in the briefing text because you can put features into the counter to automatically fail and end the mission if say he fires 7 TASMs when you said his ship has only 6 TASMs.

If you need help, I'd PM tlam about it or perhaps he will drop in here himself when he has a moment, since it was his very intelligent find on how to do this. :)

suttorad
02-10-06, 03:35 AM
Thanx LuftWolf,
You have very good idea with failed weapon, but I don't know how to simulate the weapon fail, I only know how immediate quit the mission, but it is unwanted.
Another solution is damage system in the script after "last" weapon launch, but this is OK only for VLS. In my opinion, the best way is make a trigger as goal with name Explosion In the torpedo room caused by improper weapon's handling :) and immediate quit the mission, if the player try to fire "non exist" weapon. In the debrief screen will be visible cause of this quick end...