PDA

View Full Version : KILO campaign need beta testers

OKO
01-24-06, 05:13 AM
Hi all

I worked on a KILO campaign scenario for long time (say for a year now ...), and just finished the work ... on the paper.
this campaign will be 10 missions long, figuring a fight beetween China and Taiwan, with increasing difficulties.
Starting at peace and with a quick degradation of relations, finally getting into war.

During the campaign, the commander will start in a standard chinese KILO to finish in the KLUB version (so using the 3 types of chinese KILOs), along the missions.
As I don't want to reveal anything about it, but need to release a debugged and well tuned campaign, I need beta tester for this.

In fact, I already finished the first mission, and have all the action, very detailled, for the next 9 missions on the paper.

So what I need from beta testers is to ... test the missions one by one in normal conditions.
And then comments on improvments, or failures, and tell me when oko's blabla is too far from real english ...

OF COURSE, all mission I will give to test will be very close to be finished : I'm not here to make you waste your time, I just ask to check if everything is OK, and to listen to suggestion for improvments on the scenario, to make it more realistic or immersive.

Condition to be part of this beta test : very easy => to be able to communicate with me 1 time a week, on the day of your choice, to talk about the mission (on team speak server) you tested, for about 1h to 1h30.
This is the only condition but I need this to make progress in the work.

So, if you are able to have one meeting with me per week, if you are also english native and want to help me to built this campaign (you will be of course credited for this), contact me on ICQ => 16787906, or by mail => okof4@online.fr, or even at the end of this post.
Remember you must have a TS client to use vocal with me on mission debriefs.

thanks for your help

sonar732
01-24-06, 09:16 AM
TLAM and Luftwolf would probably be the first ppl I request to join this. :up:

Bill Nichols
01-24-06, 09:42 AM
I'm game!

TLAM Strike
01-24-06, 11:28 AM
Sure I'll help. My email is: Billds9{at}yahoo{dot}com
I play with V1.01 LWAMI 2.02 and occasonaly V1.03b LWAMI 3.00b

OKO
01-25-06, 12:01 PM
you're all so nice ...
Last months, I divided a lot my time and didn't had lots of time for DW.
Thats why I'm not here very often this late times.
But I will take more time now :
I really want to release asap this campaign (but will need at least a month), and another 2 MP missions I finished from .... month, not weeks but month .... and where I just didn't made the briefings.

for the KILO campaign, I just finished the first mission
I can't say anything about it here, because I don't want to kill the surprise effect (except for testers ....)
but it's ready to test
I need to finish the situation report at campaign start also (not a big deal), and to correct, with testers, the english of the report/radio message/briefing.

hmmmm I think I will do this about messages :
I will put all radio/report/briefing on a joined .txt file, to allow the correctors to correct very fast, without losting time to edit the mission file.

So, after some corrections I'ml starting now, I will send the mission file to Bill and TLAM, i couldn't expect best testers than this, thanks !!

edit :
well, finally, I think I better divide the missions test ...
I mean, it's best if a tester can't test all missions, or I will all kill the interest for him to .... play the campaign after the release.
Even if I will concentrate a lot on replayability (random plateform / location / speed and path, this will be at least 2/3 of the developement time now all scenarios are writen), I will do my best to avoid a tester could test more than 1/3 of the missions ...

So my proposition : the first for TLAM, and the next one for Bill
Is that ok for you ?
If yes, I send the first one to TLAM in some hours.

Thanks a lot for your help, gents, this is a great community.

Bill Nichols
01-25-06, 12:17 PM
Looking forward to some fresh scenarios! :sunny:

TLAM Strike
01-25-06, 01:02 PM
So my proposition : the first for TLAM, and the next one for Bill
Is that ok for you ?
If yes, I send the first one to TLAM in some hours. Sound good. Looking forward to the missions.

OKO
01-26-06, 01:55 PM
sended
thanks again for your help

TLAM Strike
01-26-06, 04:31 PM
Did you get my email? :ping: