PDA

View Full Version : Models to be painted

XabbaRus
12-20-05, 06:37 PM
Well at last I am getting to grips with sorting models out.

I will be posting links to archives that contain the J3D and the blank bmps to paint.

Also included is a batch file for compressing the model into the 3d.grp

The first model is the Foxtrot.

Foxtrot model and maps (http://homepages.tesco.net/benedict.kent/Downloads/FoxtrotJ3D.rar)

Instructions:

Extract the .rar to your Dangerous Waters\Graphics folder.

Run the installJ3D.bat file and installbmp.bat file

This will put the foxtrot model and bmps in the 3d.grp

Then using DWEdit open the 3d model dialog and go to the Foxtrot.
In model name type in Xfoxtrot.J3D IT IS CASE SENSITIVE

Ok so now you can start painting the maps. You will need to run the installbmp.bat each time to get the painted maps into the 3d.grp so you can check your work.

Remember to backup your work.

Please post your pics in a seperate thread.

[/url]

GEPARD
12-23-05, 10:03 PM
according to your instruction, i dont find foxtrot mod in DW. WHY??

porphy
12-24-05, 05:23 AM
Gepard

Be sure to actually save your changes in DW edit. It won't be enough to hit the "apply" button in the 3d object dialog. After this you have to use the save function before you exit Dw edit. I missed this first time myself... :yep: Model looks really nice in game.

Have a nice Christmas/ Porphy

GEPARD
12-24-05, 06:33 PM
thank for your help! i find it!

XabbaRus
01-01-06, 08:22 PM
So TLAM how is the Foxtrot paint?

TLAM Strike
01-01-06, 08:57 PM
Been busy with the Global Domination Tournament as the XO for one of the fleets so I haven’t had much time to work on it. But I almost fixed the waterline placement.

I'll find some time to work on it soon I hope...

Sea Demon
07-26-06, 06:50 PM
Just wondering about the new models for DW. Don't want to sound like a whiner, but are you guys still planning to introduce new models into DW ala SCX? If so, maybe with LWAMI4? Just looking for info. :ping:

JJ
10-11-06, 08:31 AM
Hmm.. I found one Foxtrot halfway done from the abysmal depths of my HD the other day I was doing some cleaning/maintenance.

I could finish it after I'm done with the Texas, if there's still need for it? :hmm:

XabbaRus
10-11-06, 08:56 AM
Yea that would be cool

cheers JJ