PDA

View Full Version : HF sonar , is it hard coded to give "+" marker on

JoGary(sco)
11-09-05, 04:17 PM
anyone know if in real life the HF sonar gives more info than it doeas in game?
I have tried to change the database to make the HF sonar have 3 trackers and report the Speed, Course, baring, range and depth. basicaly everything. I was hoping making these changes would make the HF sonar give a normal contact on nav map instad of the "+" that it gives now. I am guessing in real life the HF sonar could give range and depth and course and speed can be seen by looking at it.
Anyhow this didnt work so i expect that the HF sonar is hard coded to only gice "+" marker in nav map.
I was thinking that range and other info from HF sonar would be just what is needed for a close range Shikval attack.
Can anyone confirm what data a HF sonar would give in real life? Also can anyone confirm that the "+" marker is hard coded and not changable from database alone?

LuftWolf
11-09-05, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure about real life, but I know that behavior like that is hardcoded in the interface, so I'm pretty sure that you can't change it through the database.

11-16-05, 07:05 AM
anyone know if in real life the HF sonar gives more info than it doeas in game?
In Russian subs, afaik, (in Victors at least), HFS gives less info. It used primarily for checking the ice depth and icebergs, and for mine-hunting. So the "picture" it gives is less informative than modelled in DW. And you can't got "a cross" in any kind of map. However, I can be wrong.