PDA

View Full Version : LUFTWOLF, AMIZUR!!

Soulchaser
10-31-05, 06:34 AM
Kapitain and me had a bunch om missions going with LWAMI 2.02, mostly played in multistation. there where a few things that need to be looked into and fixed.

1st: the UUV is shown as trawler in the sonar filter, this is because of its sonar profile wich seems to have changed?

2nd: adcap goes running straight forward after beeing fooled by a countermeasure, it is not trying to regain a target, it just keeps running the same direction like a WWII torpedo.

3rd: there are some massive problems in multistation wich the (DEACTIVATED!) autosonarman, he is assigning bearinglines all the time at a certain point makeing the navscreen unusable as it will go down to 1fps or even less, last time this happend i estimated about 400 bearing lines on navmap, all belonging to active sonar. in a later game we changed roles and kapitain was doing sonarwork, same happened to him but it was passive contacts that time.(probably a TMA problem tho, i dont know. tma was the only thing on auto for some time.)

4rd: there seems to be a problem in a bat file or something, most of the time databases are differrent even tho all players have 2.02 installed, this needs to be fixes really quick :o
i for example installes 2.02, everything worked fine. then i reveted to 1.01, everything fine. reinstalled 2.02 and got database errors and at least the baffles where NOT the 2.02 ones.

hope the information is enough, if you need something specific, let me know.

Soul

darksythe
10-31-05, 06:45 AM
Kapitain and me had a bunch om missions going with LWAMI 2.02, mostly played in multistation. there where a few things that need to be looked into and fixed.

3rd: there are some massive problems in multistation wich the (DEACTIVATED!) autosonarman, he is assigning bearinglines all the time at a certain point makeing the navscreen unusable as it will go down to 1fps or even less, last time this happend i estimated about 400 bearing lines on navmap, all belonging to active sonar. in a later game we changed roles and kapitain was doing sonarwork, same happened to him but it was passive contacts that time.(probably a TMA problem tho, i dont know. tma was the only thing on auto for some time.)

Soul

See my post in reply to Kapitian in the DW section.

I have no answer for the others except for # 4

Kapitain runs a mod which converts the UI into russian this is more than likely the problemyou are experiencing. (If it is only a prob with Kapitain.)

Soulchaser
10-31-05, 06:50 AM
kapitain is no longer running this russian mod.
also the 4th problem is happening on my machine and has to do with the procedute the mod is applied (or even not applied).

as well i do play multiplayer and multistation since the very beginning and i can assure you that i never had this beringline problem before.

this is NOT blaming or flaming the modders btw, its pointing out problems.

Soul

Molon Labe
10-31-05, 06:51 AM
The UUV---->trawler issue happened when I was hosting. This was when I was getting database errors for all but one person who connected to the game.

There were similar problems in another game....skimmers with Mirage radars, and MH-60 dropped a minisub....

I believe all these problems were related to database issues; the .bat left something from the 2.01 mod over and it messed with things. I believe this issue is resolved.

The torpedo problem occurs in stock DW as well. Torps just act goofy sometimes. At least with a wireguided weapon, you can resteer!

darksythe
10-31-05, 06:52 AM
Ok and this is not me repeating myself....

i have had the same bearing line problem

In STOCK DW

Soulchaser
10-31-05, 06:54 AM
molon, we had exactly the same thing happening again yesterday, so its not really "resolved". but it might as well be based on the database problem, yes.

Molon Labe
10-31-05, 07:07 AM
molon, we had exactly the same thing happening again yesterday, so its not really "resolved". but it might as well be based on the database problem, yes.

I meant my database problem is resolved. Were you getting database error messages in the game where it happened again?

If database problems are persisting in the community, I think LW/Ami needs to double-check the .bat file to make sure it is overwriting/deleting the old files...although this looks more like something that goes wrong at the unzipping part of installation...I'm not sure...

Soulchaser
10-31-05, 07:11 AM
as far as i tested it it always resutled in the same outcome: the 2.02 isnt fully installed if you use the bat files only. Only if i completly reinstalled the 2.02 mod i got the correct baffles and stuff, so there is a problem in the bat files i assume.

OneShot
10-31-05, 07:48 AM
As for problem No. 3 this is a known and posted (I hope) bug. I had this problem happen to me before too, when you play a sub (in my case a 688) on MultiStation you end up with lots of LOB on the NAVmap, even with AC disabled. I havent heard much of that lately, and havent experienced it myself - but the latter might simply be due to the fact that I dont play much on Subs, much less MultiStation.

Soulchaser
10-31-05, 08:03 AM
roger that OS, might be a DW issue then.

to LW/AMI

kapitain and me did both uninstall DW completly, installed it again, patched it to 1.01, applies SvsS hotfix, then installed lwami 2.02 and we still get different databases. this is bogus.

LuftWolf
10-31-05, 09:20 AM
1st: the UUV is shown as trawler in the sonar filter, this is because of its sonar profile wich seems to have changed?

We haven't changed anything on that.

2nd: adcap goes running straight forward after beeing fooled by a countermeasure, it is not trying to regain a target, it just keeps running the same direction like a WWII torpedo.

Spoofed torpedoes will sometimes act dumb for a time, trying to reset after a terminal homing resulting in a non-detonation on the CM. They will usually return to homing before the end of their run.

Ok, so we've resolved this happens with stock DW as well, it's an interface issue, outside the parameters of anything we've changed.

4rd: there seems to be a problem in a bat file or something, most of the time databases are differrent even tho all players have 2.02 installed, this needs to be fixes really quick
i for example installes 2.02, everything worked fine. then i reveted to 1.01, everything fine. reinstalled 2.02 and got database errors and at least the baffles where NOT the 2.02 ones.

Can you give me some more details on this? I have tested this with Molon. I have also tested the install procedure, as has Amizaur.

In terms of the .bat files, this is what the install bat contains.

copy database.LwAmiMod\*.* Database\
copy doctrine.LwAmiMod\*.* Doctrine\

It's simply a command to copy everything in one folder to another folder. So there is no room for error.

I would check to be sure that your files aren't being marked "read-only". That's the only thing I can say.

I should also note, that between language or regional versions of the game, I often get database errors in stock DW.

Not that this matters, but when two people are having problems related to connections specifically between their computers, and haven't been able to reproduce this with every player, just between two people, if you could make that clear when you make a bug report and not just generally say "you're mod is broken." We DO test what we release. I am happy to help you work through your particular problems, as I am familiar with the mechanics of the game and what we have changed, so I can help a lot with solving issues, but I wouldn't release something that simply didn't work.

My suspicion here is that there is something going on with your filestructure, like a file that got marked read only file here or there, and that the database problems are between the different versions of the game. I'm not sure what DW uses to check database versions, but like I said, I've gotten database returns with the stock game and persons using other language versions.

LuftWolf
10-31-05, 09:32 AM
I have sent another version to Bill that installs the mod directly to your folders, to limit any problems on installation for those who are having them.

Soulchaser
10-31-05, 09:46 AM
oook.

as for the database errors, we bot reverted to stock dw and get no errors so i think in tont have anything to do wich language stuff.

as for file-rights, i will check them.

it was NOT my intetion to blame your nice mod for everything that is going wrong, im sorry if it appeared like that.

LuftWolf
10-31-05, 09:50 AM
No, I didn't think that. :cool:

Don't worry about it, bugs are a part of life. :)

I'm going out for a while.

Let me know if anything else happens, try to be as specific as possible about the circumstances and with whom it occurs. :up:

Soulchaser
10-31-05, 09:51 AM
just checked files, they are ok.

Molon Labe
10-31-05, 10:38 AM
LW,

When you tested mine, that was after I manually deleted the doctrine.lwami and database.lwami folders, then reinstalled the mod. I was not able to get the mod working properly by using the .bat files to install the mod over 2.01.

Amizaur
10-31-05, 01:03 PM
Maybe something indeed happens while files are copied. Like read-only files, or something I didn't anticipated. You could have just check it. Before installing mod, remember/write somwhere filesizes and more impoortant dates of all database files. Apply install or uninstall and check what happened in the folder. Are all files with new date ? Or maybe some are unchanged ? And so on. I would ask you to try find the reason yourself if you can, sometimes when error is reported I look and at once understand what gone wrong, what was wrong. But sometimes I can't -everything seems to be absolutely all right and this may be computer specyfic thing (or at least - NOT specyfic for MY coputer). It's hard to tell on a distance what's happening on other's computer :-?

So if you can, try to find the source of problems yourself. Look into bat files, you see what they should do. Run them and check if they have done what they should. Are files really overwritten ?
Personally if I report a bug to SCS, I try to find it's source/reason if I can, and if I can even find possible solution.
About files that are left from the mod and not overwritten. Well we'll add delete command I think and then everything would be clear. The remaining mod files were not deleted, because they don't interfere with anything, they really should not hurt agt all. And second - while testing we have in database/doctrine folders many different non-game files like DWEdit, doctrine checker, and also many versions of different doctrines and backup files. So I prefered that only files that matters were overwritten. But OK, if you suspect that this may be source of problems, I'll ad delete to the bats. But please, if you can, try to determine yourself what's happening, are files really overwritten as they should ect.
Also if you experience incompatibility problems after manual installing 2.02 mod, try to rever to 2.01 and check if then everything is OK ? If yes, then we'll search for error in 2.02. Bats were not changed. Also, there is no need to reinstall the game, if you have originall database and doctrine folders stored. The mod is confined to database and doctrine folders only, no other changes.

P.S. Yep, returning to 2.01 to see if all goes smoothly there is good idea. If problems with 2.02 are so serious you can't play, return to 2.01 please and give us day or two, we'll try to determine source of problems with 2.02.

LuftWolf
11-01-05, 12:28 PM
Kapitain,

I have absolutely no idea why that happened in our test game. And Bellman and I have tried repeatedly to reproduce it.

What happened, in a nutshell, is that your Kilo, when you tried to launch a Starfish, launched an Udaloy DDG instead!!! :huh: :o

That, combined with the fact that you are still getting DB errors when the rest of us are not, tells me that something is getting corrupted for you in the process of downloading and unzipping the mod, or there is something that is wrong with your TCP/IP protocol.

Since the database directly can't influence the weapons loadout for playable platforms (and this is well known fact, that even if I set the launchers in the database to launch an Udaloy somehow, the game would ignore that for playable platforms), I am left to assume that there is some randomized corruption on your system. I am sorry, but that is the only conclusion I can draw. Since, in game-mechanics terms, your computer passed to mine a junk memory-block instruction that called up on my computer the Udaloy to spawn from your tubes, rather than a Starfish, so it has to be a junk memory instruction from your computer.

Bellman and I tried again and again to get this to happen, and the every test we did, including tests for other things than that, came up just fine, and we didn't have any database errors.

I would recommend trying to use another unzip program, and to check your computer for viruses and spyware. I'm not saying there is anything necessarily "wrong" with your computer, but it is not playing well with the rest of us, for some reason.

I hope we can get this resolved somehow.

If you have had no problems with the stock DW game, then I am inclined to believe it is a problem in your retrieving the mod from the internet and unzipping it to your DW directory. So, I guess, I'd try another unzipping program first.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with this, but I'm really sure it is not the Mod, because, as I said, there is nothing other than random corruption that could cause a problem like that.