PDA

View Full Version : I was very Confused (16km) OK Now

gouldjg
10-29-05, 03:10 PM
I am having a bloody pain in the neck problem here

I deleted sh3 game and deleted all relevent folders including the (my doc sh3 folder). Done this 100,s of times so I know how to clean game from system.

This has always provided me with a blank canvas for a fresh install.

Anyway I tried a couple of the 16km+ vis mods from different mods on different installs i.e. 1 at a time. So one time I tried IUB then uninstalled everything blah blah.

I have since decided that I am best waiting for better graphics card so uninstall everything yet again and reload with RUB 1.44 HT, improved convoys and thats it (a clean baby).

Well it seems that the game keeps jumping back into the 16km mode and I cannot find how this could happen when all folders were previously deleted.(has happened twice upto now)

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

It is confusing the hell out of me at the moment and I just cannot understand how this can be happening :damn:

Please help

Soviet_Warlord
10-29-05, 08:50 PM
There is another folder called SH3 in My Documents... maybe you forgot to delete that? (If it makes any difference)

Kpt. Lehmann
10-29-05, 08:56 PM
GouldJg

I have the same problem... waiting on the time I can upgrade my graphics card.

As a bit of a compromise, I am experimenting with an 8km visibility mod of sorts... this may take care of it for you.

I will try to upload a version on the new Atmosphere Mod thread for those of us in the same boat.

I also ran into a repeated problem with 16km mod "not going away when I tell it to" and I believe that the SH3 folder in "my documents" stores some of your settings... Deleting it may help too.

rulle34
10-29-05, 11:10 PM
I am having a bloody pain in the neck problem here

I deleted sh3 game and deleted all relevent folders including the (my doc sh3 folder). Done this 100,s of times so I know how to clean game from system.

This has always provided me with a blank canvas for a fresh install.

Anyway I tried a couple of the 16km+ vis mods from different mods on different installs i.e. 1 at a time. So one time I tried IUB then uninstalled everything blah blah.

I have since decided that I am best waiting for better graphics card so uninstall everything yet again and reload with RUB 1.44 HT, improved convoys and thats it (a clean baby).

Well it seems that the game keeps jumping back into the 16km mode and I cannot find how this could happen when all folders were previously deleted.(has happened twice upto now)

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

It is confusing the hell out of me at the moment and I just cannot understand how this can be happening :damn:

Please help

Try to replace the Sensors.DAT with the stock one. See if that helps.

Marhkimov
10-30-05, 12:28 AM
Have people fixed this problem yet? It seems like a BIG ASS one...

gouldjg
10-30-05, 03:05 AM
Problem seems to be fixed at the moment :up:

I had it 3 times and I did delete the sh3 in my documents as well as the normal directory thats why it was confusing me.

I have been installing a scene dat for clear water on top of RUB as well as sonar DC 20 mod.

Maybe it was just a spooky thing or just me being thick :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: .

Thanks for tips and bye the way you all have done a great job.

Its amazing what can be done when a few get together to solve a problem.

Marhkimov
10-30-05, 03:08 AM
For future references, what exactly did you delete in your SH3 folder? The whole folder? That is not necessarily a good option for someone who doesn't want to lose their current careers... So is there a specific file that has to be deleted?

gouldjg
10-30-05, 04:36 AM
marhkimov

I usually delete all as I am not playing a campaign yet so no need to preserve careers.

I am just testing mods to find those suitable for when I start a career next week.

Anyway all seems fine at the mo so hears to a good start.

I have just installed your groups 8km atmospheric pack and will report in a mo.

rulle34
10-30-05, 04:56 AM
If you used a scene.dat from visibility mod then this contains some part of the larger skydome. Then I guess this can happen but very irregularly. Was it this cind of sene.dat you used gouldjg?

Marhkimov
10-30-05, 05:03 AM
I just switched from 18km to our new 16km mod (how ironic is it that I have to install the mod that I partly helped to create?). Went to try it in-game and I can still see 18km.

So I'm gonna try deleting the SH3 folder to see what happens. Will report shortly...

gouldjg
10-30-05, 05:12 AM
It was a clear water mod from terrapins site. Has a nice underwater effect but as you say it is a scene.dat and to be very honest, I have no clue what-so-ever if this caused 16km to return.

Sorry guys I am not very helpful at trouble shooting as I usually will just try and get rid of all.

I have been trying to re-create situation so will report back if anything pops up again.

Can I just say this is no one particular 16km mod. I installed IUB, Yours and some other beta versions.

Basically what it tells me is the following:-

Get A Bloody better grfx card you stingey git

gouldjg
Double post

gouldjg
Triple post and I am just having one of those days

Marhkimov
10-30-05, 05:25 AM
You have the option of deleting old/accidental posts. Click on the 'X' button on the top-right corner of the post. :up:

On another note: why is it that I can see ships starting from 17.1km?? We did call this 16km vis mod, didn't we?? What's going on here???

Kpt. Lehmann
10-31-05, 10:00 AM
It was a clear water mod from terrapins site. Has a nice underwater effect but as you say it is a scene.dat and to be very honest, I have no clue what-so-ever if this caused 16km to return.

Sorry guys I am not very helpful at trouble shooting as I usually will just try and get rid of all.

I have been trying to re-create situation so will report back if anything pops up again.

Can I just say this is no one particular 16km mod. I installed IUB, Yours and some other beta versions.

Basically what it tells me is the following:-

Get A Bloody better grfx card you stingey git

I feel your pain. :cry: