PDA

View Full Version : Sub quick missions

Sub Sailor
10-28-05, 09:08 AM
I don't know what is wrong with my sim or maybe my computer, but when I am using the FFG or helo in quick missions, the target subs are almost always on the surface, but if I click on show truth they are submerged. I can not for the life of me figure out why, and what to do about it. Does anyone have an idea why, or maybe I am the only one having this problem. It does not seem to matter whether I am using the original quick mission of the later ones.

Thanks,

Ron Banks, MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)

LuftWolf
10-28-05, 09:45 AM
Actually, Ron, I don't think this is a problem at all. With show truth off, the 3-D view in the Nav Map is just a visual representation of your sensor information, so it doesn't really matter what is shown, as they are really just the equivalent of models on a game-board. For example, submarines and other ships can show up on land with show truth off, if one of your solutions or raw sensor data shows them there for representative purposes.

Once you put show truth on, they are shown in the correct position. That is the same for submarines and depth.

So, I think everything is ok on your end! :up:

MaHuJa
10-28-05, 01:45 PM
The (solution mode) 3d view shows them on the surface if the position they're shown at is too shallow.

Truth mode will show the truth, of course.

Sub Sailor
10-28-05, 04:04 PM
I appreciate the help and the explanation, and you are right, they are shallow when this occurs.

Thanks,
Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)