PDA

View Full Version : Downloaderadea. Tips and Tweaks.

Bellman
10-27-05, 11:05 AM
:sunny: OneShot, as good as his word, has opened a new section at the Tips and Tweaks site called **Downloaderadea.**

This is a new repository for newcommers, where you designers can lodge Training Scenarios and their accompanying
briefings, mission descriptions, run throughs and AAR (After action reports)

Nice one OneShot. :|\ :rock:

OneShot
10-27-05, 01:18 PM
Thanks ...

I will put as much stuff in as possible over the next few days to get some resemblance of life back into the Vault. As always I'm open for suggestions ... so if you want to see some particular feature in the Vault, let me know and I check if I can incorporate it.

Cheers

OneShot
10-27-05, 03:59 PM
I've expanded the Downloadarea a bit and included a place for all the manuals and guides I can find. I'll organize the FTP server tomorrow a bit and then upload all that stuff and link it in the forum. Further I'll start putting up the training missions I can find and maybe one or two "regular" missions.

Bellman
10-27-05, 11:58 PM
OS. I like the way this one is shaping into 'Tips and Tweaks' beeing more and more, the first 'port of call' for new players.

It would be nice to have a **Daft ?** question section to allow embarassment free queries. Its easy to feel inhibited
when new and fear ridicule at posing a basic question. Perhaps another title ? But you get my drift.

Also SquidB suggested online training sessions in the Summer and consensus was to postpone implementation until
the back-end. 'T&T' ( Why not TnT ? Thats what is developping :) ) could have a 'Grab a Trainer' dating for training section ?

moose1am
10-28-05, 12:34 AM
Thanks OneShot.

As one of the new guys I would like you to know that your work is appreciated very much.

I've expanded the Downloadarea a bit and included a place for all the manuals and guides I can find. I'll organize the FTP server tomorrow a bit and then upload all that stuff and link it in the forum. Further I'll start putting up the training missions I can find and maybe one or two "regular" missions.

OneShot
10-28-05, 10:29 AM
The forum comes handy with a calendar. I even found a few nice tweaks for the forum software to, for example, automatically start a thread when a calendar entry is made. If the desire is there this could be used to easily schedule game sessions / training times. I'm not sure how I have configured the calendar right now (means if everybody who is registered can post new entries) but that can be easily and quickly changed.

I'll get on with work ;-)

Bellman
10-28-05, 10:34 AM
....faint radio message from the Irish Sea barely discernable........
''Great stuff OS !!" :cool: :up: :rock: