PDA

View Full Version : Rub 1.44 weather reports

DC2Sal
10-26-05, 08:07 PM
I just installed the new rub 1.44 and SHIII commander the newest edition. First I dont care for the gauges on the lower right hand side of the screen, the new style depth gauge is way to small I cant even read the numbers. Second and my biggest issue is now you get the weather report from the WO, the weather icon looks like chinese writting( I guess it is soposed to be snow flakes) and when you ask to WO how the weather is he does not even answer you the Navagator yells out the weather report. Is this normal, if not does anyone know how I can fix this problem. Thanks for your help and feedback. DC2

Beery
10-26-05, 08:30 PM
Firstly, the large scale (0-200m) depth gauge is the same size as the original. I don't think there is any loss of readability compared to the standard game's dial, and I think probably the reason you think it's less readable is that the other dials are more readable than they were before. RUb 1.45 has a full set of more readable dials.

The weather icon is something that has not been found yet, and has therefore not been fixed, and it was hoped that by including the weather report fix in RUb, that this minor graphical issue might annoy people enough that some bright spark would fix it :-j

The weather report fix, by the way, is to stop players getting weather reports while cruising at a depth of 200m. The report is asked of the WO and given by the NA (or Obersteuermann in the German text version). These are realism features, since you would have to be surfaced to get the weather report, and the WO and/or the Obersteuermann are the guys who would be reporting the weather.

All features, all normal, no bugs. Those who don't like the mod are urged not to use it. :arrgh!: