PDA

View Full Version : Visual fix for the Radar ?

larsen
10-25-05, 10:56 AM
Recently I strted playing a new campaign on a IXD2 starting in Bordeaux in January 43. This has lead me to successively install different radars on my sub. FuMO 29 is correctly displayed as two rows of dipoles in front of the conning tower, but when I came to install FuMO 30 I was surprised not to see it, until I went into the gunner's position. The radar was displayed has an antenna positionned in front of the sub. I thought it was strange, but as I had found no picture of the FuMO 30 I let it pass. Now I've upgraded to the FuMO 61 from which I saw numerous pictures and it still is displayed before the conning tower...
Is there any mod that changes the graphics for it to be displayed correctly on the side of the conning tower ? I don't care if it doesn't rotate, though. ;)

oscar19681
10-26-05, 07:53 AM
I requested this a zillion times . Seems to me we need the sdk for that .. I dont know why the devs did not fix this in the first place . It looks so awfull

Flakwalker
10-26-05, 04:26 PM
For that I requested pics on a previous message, to know the if the current position is correct. It also overlap on the turm.

For me the radar panel should go to an empty space at left of the turm, there are antenaes and stuff that is designed to be lowered and raised, but it wasnt developed.

XXi
10-26-05, 06:22 PM
It seems that FuMo 30 is beeing place in the same position as FuMo 29. The problem is, FuMo is just a panel at the front of the Kiosk, and FuMo 30 has - or at least should have - rotating antenna on the side of the Kiosk.

larsen
10-27-05, 03:36 AM
For that I requested pics on a previous message, to know the if the current position is correct. It also overlap on the turm.

For me the radar panel should go to an empty space at left of the turm, there are antenaes and stuff that is designed to be lowered and raised, but it wasnt developed.

Yes, you're right, from the pictures I saw in books the FuMO61 should be on the left in that empty space. As for the FuMO30 I may have found pictures of it on this page (scroll down) :

http://www.paolopizzi.com/paolopizzi/reviews/typeix/typeix.htm

The text says it was located on the port side of the conning tower (same as FuMO61) but only had 2 rows of 4 dipoles.