PDA

View Full Version : Evolving Weather sets

captcav
10-23-05, 12:13 AM
Hey guys, was just wondering, with my mission creations, if i'm leaving a harbour i've created, i enjoy having a slight swell, and once the headlands have been reached, i like the tussell of the open waters and making it more interesting. Is there a way to set a calmer swell level in harbours? then increase the intensity once outside waters have been reach? if not, damn! that should be a standard feature on any in-depth naval sim.

Captcav.

Kapitan
10-23-05, 01:42 AM
dont think there is but i wouldnt realy know to be honest i mainly spend my time under the sea

LuftWolf
10-23-05, 03:10 AM
Nope, no dynamic weather based on locations.

I don't even think mission designers can do dynamic weather over time, either. :hmm:

In defense to SCS, that's probably a massive programming issue, given the complexity of the environments in DW.

captcav
10-23-05, 03:27 AM
I agree, it would be, only reason i mentioned it, is that it is dramatically illustrated in SHIII, the changing weather enviroment is a key factor in the enviromental surroundings! Makes for very interesting game play~!

FERdeBOER
10-23-05, 05:16 AM
I'm not very used with the weather settings, but maybe you can try with wind and current regions.

See this topic

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=43361&highlight=hurricane

There is discussed the settings for a big storm o a hurricane.