PDA

View Full Version : Message for Beery and RUB fatigue model users

gouldjg
10-21-05, 10:21 AM
I do not know if this is any use to you guys.

With regards to the radio room bug please look at the following.

I have been having the same problems and have tried numerous tweaks to sort this out.

Beery if you look a the coef settings in your basic.cfg and then set no weather effect for compartment 11 or better still just change to below, You may rid yourself from this bug.

It seems to have worked for me

;comp 11
RegularFactor110=0.01
RegularFactor111=0.01
SpecificFactor110=0.0001
SpecificFactor111=0.0001
BadWeather11=0

This is the repair compartment,

Let me know if it worked or not as it may be the fact that I have placed a regular factor on recovery rates though I do honestly think it is compartment 11.

Regards

Gouldjg

Beery
10-21-05, 12:27 PM
I also think it's compartment 11. I bet there's a typo in the code somewhere - the devs pointed a radio room fatigue factor to compartment 11 rather than compartment 1.

My current RUb fatigue setup works okay - it's more of an issue with the 'no fatigue' and '1X fatigue' mods (and any other mod that makes fatigue accumulation very low indeed). I'll try your method if I can find the time, but tweaking this stuff requires a lot of testing, and these days I don't have much time to devote to in-depth tweaking, so I may not be able to.

Beery
10-24-05, 09:47 PM
Hey GouldJG,

I found some time to check into this, and I can confirm you're 100% correct on this. The compartment 11 (repair station) bad weather fatigue progression value seems to have somehow merged with the compartment 1 (radio room) fatigue progression values and caused the values to combine, throwing off the fatigue progression in the radio compartment.

Adjusting the repair station bad weather value to zero seems to completely solve the problem and makes it possible to use normal values in the radio room.

I've adjusted the RUb and SH3 Commander numbers in light of this and credited you with the fix in the RUb readme. Thanks!