PDA

View Full Version : Multistation Interest

darksythe
10-17-05, 05:46 AM
Just wondering out of curiosity how many of you out there are interested in doing some Multistation games. I think that combining MS and Team Speak makes for some pretty good gaming.

I have particapated in a few multistation games, with the help of Luftwolf, and on occasion MaHuJa (im sure i spelled your name wrong...srry) utilizing Team Speek, and it was one of the best multiplayer games ive ever experienced.(In any games ive played)

I look forward to getting a match on with some of you folks on here loading up a sub vs either AI or other human controlled platforms. So please respond on if youd be interested in this type of game.

Im sure I'll get at least one response telling me to post in the MP Matchup forum, but i fiqured here is better because im not actually setting up a match. :P Just trying to see if there is interest in MS.

Fandango
10-17-05, 06:41 AM
Multistation is the most important innovative feature of the game...it's the thing that makes the game an immersive online experience...

I've personally played on the P-3 and OHP in multistation and it's a lot of fun. You don't really have to play against other human opponents...you can create your own custom mission and chase enemy platforms together with your friend(s) on the same boat/airplane. Of course, it's preferable if the "bad guys" are random generated both in location and type... :up:

FERdeBOER
10-17-05, 06:45 AM
Yes I like it. It's very fun,

My first experience with multistations was with a WWII air simulator (can't remember now the name... airpower? :damn: My cousin piloting and I with the top turret of a B-17.

Really fun... even the discussions later about "you pilot like a chicken" "if you shoot better, I would not have to pilot like that"... :P

Molon Labe
10-17-05, 10:47 AM
I'm usually not a big fan of multistation because I usually drive subs. It's very rare that the workload on a sub gets too tough that one player can't do it alone.

On the other hand, I think the P-3 is at it's best when crewed by two people. Being able to work quickly is very important, especially during an attack run. I think while one person pilots/TACCOs the attack run, another player could be checking buoys to update the target solution and scanning the IR camera to make sure the sub doesn't pop up for a SAM shot. One player doing all those tasks during a run can be a little much, especially if the sub is manuevering.

goldorak
10-17-05, 12:40 PM
I'm usually not a big fan of multistation because I usually drive subs. It's very rare that the workload on a sub gets too tough that one player can't do it alone.

On the other hand, I think the P-3 is at it's best when crewed by two people. Being able to work quickly is very important, especially during an attack run. I think while one person pilots/TACCOs the attack run, another player could be checking buoys to update the target solution and scanning the IR camera to make sure the sub doesn't pop up for a SAM shot. One player doing all those tasks during a run can be a little much, especially if the sub is manuevering.

How about the frigate ?
The p-3 can still be played relatively well with 1 crew just as a sub, but the frigate it is nearly impossibile to do if all the stations are on manual and you find yourselve in a pretty contact dense environment.
2 or 3 players on the frigate can be exciting but it requires the crew to be very coordinated during attack/defense/search fases.
In the end multistation for all units is what brings out the best of DW. :up:

Bellman
10-17-05, 02:30 PM
Multi is not for me, I am purely a sub diver, a lone wolf stalking meat,
lurking in the shadows and out to get you.

Yep I mastered my router and I'm behind you right now - name ?

:lol: Pick one today - another tomorrow. ;)

DivingWind
10-17-05, 02:36 PM
Do you feel lucky punk? So, do ya? :lol:

DivingWind
10-17-05, 02:37 PM
Clint Eastwood.Classic.

Bellman
10-17-05, 02:50 PM
:o Cool, cool cat. :lol:

Fish
10-17-05, 04:44 PM
Multi is not for me, I am purely a sub diver, a lone wolf stalking meat,
lurking in the shadows and out to get you.

Yep I mastered my router and I'm behind you right now - name ?

:lol: Pick one today - another tomorrow. ;)

Well, I am looking for you Sir. :smug:

Bellman
10-18-05, 01:34 AM
FishWell, I am looking for you Sir :smug:

Reacclimatising to MP after a year of enforced absence, and router access difficulties.

Will nail my colours to the mast RADM and look forward to diving with you. (again) :D ;)

OneShot
10-18-05, 02:00 AM
To get back on topic (sort of). Multistation is great, and I have to disagree with goldorak (and in reverse agree with ML). The P3 can be played single, but if its a dense enviroment and you have some cunny opponents you really need someone to help you out. Aside from that its a lot of fun. And a good Team on the P-3 can be a subdrivers worst nightmare. Tho you are right, the FFG is at least in as much need as far as more people crewing it go, then the P3.

LuftWolf
10-18-05, 02:01 AM
OneShot, the OW site is down again.

MaHuJa
10-19-05, 04:10 AM
You got the name right...

I enjoy multistation generally more than others, perhaps partially because i'm generally at my best when working on a single task. :yep:

Not all that easy to find people willing to multistation though - the main reason being that they're ****ed if their partner(s) drop.

Not that I find drops to be quite that frequent.

(Esp if one chooses a good scenario that doesn't overload the connections!)

The 4+5 hour games we had were something indeed.

darksythe
10-20-05, 12:58 AM
Hey MaHuJa you up for a multi station on thursday or friday?

MaHuJa
10-20-05, 06:17 AM
Yeah... It's not like I have too much else to do nowadays ;)

When, though?
Oh, and... I have a bit of trouble keeping time, so it may be best if you ping me when its time.

xfire - mahuja
msn messenger - marhusjac@hotmail.com

plus I'm hanging out in the DW irc channel on my second monitor...
irc://irc.quakenet.org/Dangerous-Waters