PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

Kumando
09-27-05, 09:08 AM
Hi im new to the forum and also to sub sims, i recently bought Sub command and one thing i noticed is when we order full stop the propeller of the sub still spins is this real or is a bug?

Bill Nichols
09-27-05, 09:18 AM
That's normal in the game, and it happens in Dangerous Waters, as well.

Kumando
09-27-05, 09:34 AM
But its not real isnt it? is anyway to make the propelers completly stop? Sorry about the stupid questions.

Bill Nichols
09-27-05, 10:35 AM
But its not real isnt it? is anyway to make the propelers completly stop? Sorry about the stupid questions.

No, it's not real. I don't think there is any way to fix it, either.

DivingWind
09-28-05, 12:30 PM
Propeller movement is animated, it is in continious loop.

Sub Sailor
10-01-05, 12:37 PM
In real life they continue spinning until you come to a dead stop, and in port if you don't have the jacking gear engaged and locked tides will spin the screw. Watch someone towing a speed boat, if they don't have that clamp on it will turn driving down the road, burns out the lower bearings.
In real life you stop the screw by answering the opposite bell, e.g going ahead turn in a reverse bell. You stop the scew and engage the locking gear. I have never tried in in a sim but I will. But there would be know way to stop it permaently that I know of, I would assume there is not a code and in reality it does not make much diference.

Respectfully,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)