PDA

View Full Version : New Platform For Multiplayer?

darksythe
09-23-05, 06:01 PM
I would like to see some enterprising prgrammer out there design a new platform for Mp.

Mainly i think it would be nice to have a server that would keep track of a players kills. And was less prone to problems that HL is.

A group of us have been playing on HL in the past few days and have noticed some bugs which have been reported here before (Flickering) also the fact that some people have trouble connecting through HL.

Dont know if any one has the time or desire to do such but it would be great.

Prolly though the kill tracking would require edits to the .exe which we have to rely on sonalysts to provide. so i guess i should post such a request on the patch suggestion topic :zzz:

any way just an idea i had.

Kapitan
09-23-05, 06:02 PM
borey type 212 214 lada udaloy arliegh burke

all candidates

LuftWolf
09-23-05, 06:49 PM
I think he means "programming platform" rather than "playable platform." ;)

JoGary(sco)
09-23-05, 07:04 PM
If its tracking you want and players to play against then try the Seawolves. They have both :sunny:
Server is down right now but it will be up again soon.
Just now it mostly Sub v Sub Dives we do. But our ROE is changing verry soon to allow all platform to be used.
cu there :up:

http://seawolves.org/ssn/

Bellman
09-24-05, 12:01 AM
:sunny: Jo you would'nt be plugging the Seawolves again ? :lol:

Are you on commission ? :-j

Molon Labe
09-24-05, 01:56 AM
I would like to see some enterprising prgrammer out there design a new platform for Mp.

Mainly i think it would be nice to have a server that would keep track of a players kills. And was less prone to problems that HL is.

A group of us have been playing on HL in the past few days and have noticed some bugs which have been reported here before (Flickering) also the fact that some people have trouble connecting through HL.

Prolly though the kill tracking would require edits to the .exe which we have to rely on sonalysts to provide. so i guess i should post such a request on the patch suggestion topic :zzz:

Flickering is caused by programs you have running in the background trying to take the screen away from DW and then DW taking it back...hyperlobby has nothing to do with it...

darksythe
09-24-05, 01:13 PM

Flickering is caused by programs you have running in the background trying to take the screen away from DW and then DW taking it back...hyperlobby has nothing to do with it...

Hmm Without hyper lobby running everything runs fine......
This has been verified on both of my computers which are signifigantly different systems. 1 is a desktop which i built myself from the case up. No i dont mean specified what i wanted in it on some webpage i ordered the components and put it together myself. And a laptop i rebuilt. Both machines are well maintained and i run a plethora of other Sims, Games, & Development apps on.

Thus i can assure it is not a problem with other apps (Other then HL) taking rescources away from Dw, as there are no other processes running that have any 3D requirements. or use over 1 meg of ram and limited processor overhead. Aside from windows critical processes.

Above all the problem doesnt exist when not running HL therefore HL is the problem, and although it is as simple as advertising my server in hl untill launch time then requiring IP connect We should have a stable multiplayer game lobby to play in. I dont mean stable for most people I mean stable for all. Just because it works for you and most other players does that mean that the rest of us should be set to the wayside in the interest of not putting more time into it? I think not. Im sure that other people have had the same problem attributable to HL and flickering. I say this because i have browsed posts from the past and found that other people have had this precise problem.

So i repeat should those of that do have this or any other problems with HL just be shoved aside by people who dont have these issues? I should hope not..

Fair Winds And Following Seas.