PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Editing

Neutrino 123
09-18-05, 09:23 PM
I started the Sub command U.S. campaign, but there is an error in the first mission that prevents it from being completed. I think I know how to fix the error :ping: , but when I did, I was only able to save it into the regular missions folder. I deleted the old version in the campaign folder, and then pasted in the modified version, renaming the suffix to the campaign format. However, whenever I load this replaced mission in the editor, it reverts back to the old version that I deleted (I can't test the single-mission version since it has things that don't work that did even if I don't edit them).

How do I properly edit a campaign mission? This should be a really simple thing to do...

Bellman
09-18-05, 10:10 PM
N. How do I properly edit a campaign mission? This should be a really simple thing to do...

You cant - they are locked and password accessed.

Neutrino 123
09-19-05, 12:42 AM
Okay, I can't save the campaign mission directly, but if I save it as a regular file and then delete the campaign file, it works after the new file is renamed as a campaign file. Previously, I though it went into a different folder since I had a mirror folder that didn't make sense... :88)

Anyway, for others who want to play the first U.S. mission in the sub command campaign, trigger 6 and 33 need to be fixed (fixing 33 is not necessary, and only for the Seawolf, anyway). Trigger 6 page 4 needs to be related to trigger 21 in the top part, rather then trigger 22, or you will never be able to make the simulated atack against the Arleigh Burke.

Ghost Dog
09-19-05, 12:47 AM
hey, can you give a step by step how you did it?

Kapitan
09-19-05, 01:16 AM
yeah how did you do that ?

Neutrino 123
09-19-05, 03:56 AM
Okay, simple step-by-step instructions for fixing the first campaign mission.

Step 1: Collect underpants.
Step 2: ... ... ... ...
Step 3: PROFIT.

Whoops, wrong file... :ping:

1. Go to the editor, click 'load campaign mission', and select the first Halifax U.S. campaign one.
2. On the right hand side, there should be a list of several triggers and such. You can get this list by clicking on one of the icons on the bottom right of the screen. Select trigger 28.
3. Go to page 4 of this trigger.
4. Click the little '+' under the 'if'. This should bring up a new mini window. Note that before you click this, the text says a bunch of things including 'trigger 22'. It is necessary to change this to 'trigger 21'.
5. In the new window created by clicking the '+', there should be two drop-down tabs. One just has a single option, but the other (on the bottom left) needs to be opened. It looks blank, but when you click on it, a list of many triggers will appear.
6. Select 'trigger 21'.
7. Click the large '+' in the upper-right of the trigger window and the click the check. The trigger has now been changed.
8. Click 'save' and 'save as' a bunch of times until you are given the option of saving the mission. Do so.
9. Exit Dangerous Waters, and go to the scenario folder.
10. There should be two missions in there now with the 'Halifax688i' title. Delete the one with the '.mc' suffix.
11. Change the suffix of the '.mu' to'.mc'. Note that you may need to go to folder properties of some sort of properties to show file type suffixes.
12. Now the first campaign mission should properly work for the Los Angeles class. :sunny:

If you don't want to do the above, just play the first mission with the Seawolf :ping: . The important triggers work well as the Seawolf. THe only one that doesn't work is the unessential trigger 33. To fix this, go to page 2 of the trigger and change 'Los Angeles Class' to 'Seawolf Class'.

Warning: this campaign seems to have not been throughly error-checked. I am on mission 3 now, and it seems impossible to complete it successfully. I think this has something to do with some triggers only being 11:20-11:30, but the Udaloy fires the missile at about 11:17-11:18.

Bill Nichols
09-19-05, 06:24 AM
If anyone should correct the trigger errors in this campaign, I'll gladly update the download file on my site.

XabbaRus
09-19-05, 08:43 AM
Password protected? The original Sub Command campaign files?

Or the modded and updated for DW files?

Jamie
09-19-05, 08:51 AM
They're not password-protected. You can rename the .MU file that you saved to an .MC file and it should just work (as you said above).

If you want to re-name the file to another name, you just need to update the .CAM file with the new name and as long as no subsequent mission reference the new mission incorrectly (since you changed it), then it should work fine.

P.S. I'd be AMAZED in Mission3 ("Missile Test") would work in DW without some serious tweaking. That mission was so "delicate" that if the wind blew the wrong way the Udaloy (or was it a Sovr.?) wouldn't fire at the airbus. With the scripting in DW, that mission would have been SO much easier to create... Actually that mission is probably the reason WHY we added Scripting in the first place... :)