PDA

View Full Version : why?

Kapitan
09-16-05, 08:35 AM
why is the ming class (which is a veriant of the romeo class) built up to be a foxtrot ?

TLAM Strike
09-16-05, 12:00 PM
SCS didn't feel like making it have its own 3D model. :roll:

Kapitan
09-16-05, 12:28 PM
talk about cut corners

LuftWolf
09-16-05, 12:52 PM
On the whole, the "cut corners" are easily rectifiable by SCS or user mods, so I'm glad the core engine is in fact fantastic. :up: :rock:

TLAM Strike
09-16-05, 01:43 PM
talk about cut corners At least the boat is the proper size, look at the Gepard PTG. :rotfl: Its crewed by men 12 feet tall.

Kapitan
09-16-05, 03:15 PM
lol hahaha :rotfl:

JamesT73J
09-17-05, 09:35 AM
It's a carryover from Sub Command. Some models are duplicated - no big deal really. Most of the time you won't see them anyway.

James

Fandango
09-17-05, 01:20 PM
It's a carryover from Sub Command. Some models are duplicated - no big deal really. Most of the time you won't see them anyway.

But still, if those could be improved, the game would benefit from a more "actractive" look... ;)

Kapitan
09-17-05, 02:01 PM
personaly i rather like the dashing looks of the romeo and ming class this was bought on from my trip to egypt where i saw 7 romeos in alexandria they are old but lovely they have the sence of old mans toy with modern day equipment (egyptian romeos have harpoons and MK48 torpedos)

SquidB
09-17-05, 07:15 PM
We need realistic models in this game, I llook at them all the time in the 3d window whilst im waiting for the exciting stuff to happen. THank the gods of virtual undersea warfare that we have guys like xabbarus etc, just look at the models in scx and DW is a big step backwards. Why they never throw the model makers a few quid and incorperated them into DW beats me

Kapitan
09-18-05, 01:31 AM
xabba does it for fun i think and i respect him for doing that because without people like him we wouldnt even have DW or sub command

the game is at its early stages bearly teething give it some time if DWX isnt out by jan 06 then i think many are going to start going hmmm arrr and sell