PDA

View Full Version : Hex-Editing the Gun-Positions in dat files ?

Commander1980
09-03-05, 03:48 AM
I tried to change the height of the gunpositions, to allow fitting special guns to some ships. I think i found the strings for the gun-positions and i was in fact able to replace a gun - but it was just luck, i do not know what to do exactly. Can anyone help me with some more experience? :)

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1668/gunposis8ac.jpg

On this screenshot, the blue and underlined strings are for the gun positions, i think. When pasting the string of M01 to that pf M02, the M02-positions has two guns in the same positions - working. You found them when opening the dat-file with searching for M01, M02...., the nodenames on the shipmodel.

I searched for identical binaries in these strings, because the M02 and M03 turret of the Revenge have the same 'height'. There are in fact identical binaries (at the end of the string), but altering them changes nothing.

my questions: Can anyone help me with searching for the correct binary for the 'height' of the gun-position and what to paste there to reduce the 'height'?
I think when redusing the height, a lot of nice things can be done with the existing ships.... :yep: ;)

Cdre Gibs
09-03-05, 07:56 AM
I'm just curious as to what ur trying to do. Is it to change the height of exsiting turrets on their current ships or to allow those turrets that are by design to high to be lowered so as to use them on a different ship ?

Commander1980
09-03-05, 08:39 AM
or to allow those turrets that are by design to high to be lowered so as to use them on a different ship ?

exact :)