PDA

View Full Version : sound mod help

Kapitan
09-01-05, 11:31 AM
how can i get the sound mod to work i tried doing what the readme said but i dont understand it can anyone help pref step by step

its the one from bills site

cheers

LuftWolf
09-01-05, 12:52 PM
Finiteless stand-alone sound mods, the ones I use, are easy to install.

Simply copy the sfx file over the original sfx files in their appropriate folders, associated with each platform and the main game sfx folder.

Also, for his music mods, you simply overwrite the wav files in the appropriate folders.

I think the ping sounds for finiteless' mod are fantastic. :ping: :know: :up:

Kapitan
09-01-05, 01:07 PM
its crazy ivans one the russian voices one you know i just dont know where to go with it i dont understand it can you help

regards

LuftWolf
09-01-05, 02:05 PM
Ah, sorry, I have kept my original Ruskie-English voices, so I'm not sure. I remember trying once to install that mod and giving up because I couldn't figure it out and deciding I'd rather understand what my crew was saying anyway... maybe I'd try a Spanish crew mod to practice my only spoken second language. :lol: :rotfl:

Kapitan
09-01-05, 02:11 PM
lol well i can understand a fair amount of russian and also french and german there the only languages i know and of course english

Adm. Ahab
09-01-05, 02:58 PM
There are several RAR files within the main rar. You only need the one named for each sub (Kilo, Akula) and the one labeled with a 1. The others have the exact same files as 1. Make a copy of the sfx.agg file (from the interface folder for the sub you are changing the sound in) into a folder and copy the sound edit utility there as well. Put all the sound files from rar 1 and kilo OR Akula into one folder. Open the sound editor, then load the sfx.agg file first and then the sounds from their folder. Select all and replace. Takes a few minutes. Backup the sfx.agg file in the interface folder and put the new one in.

EDIT: I should mention that the SCedit utility doesn't work with the sfx.agg for the Kilo. It works for the Akula though.

Kapitan
09-04-05, 08:20 AM
can some one explain step by step simpleton terms please sorry but computers arnt realy my thing