PDA

View Full Version : Nav Map clutter with P3

PukingDog
08-31-05, 08:34 PM
There must be something I overlooked, but I didn't see anything in the Manual, or OnionWarrior's excellent P3 guide about merging contacts with the P3. When flying the P3, I get EW, Visual, sonobouy, and (if I am willing to go active) Radar tracks. all those contacts really get cluttered, especially when I know it is all coming from one contact. I can see through my camera there is only one ship there, so how do I merge with the P3.

TLAM Strike
08-31-05, 08:39 PM
You can't merge the contacts on the P-3 or MH-60.

elcid
08-31-05, 10:15 PM
No TMA for P3 and SH60

maybe you could just pick out the contact which you feel is most reliable and drop the rest.

Example, you have have one EW contact at the end of a LOB and one Radar contact somewhere along the same LOB. You could simply drop the EW contact.

PukingDog
09-01-05, 01:13 AM
Thanks, I thought I just wasn't looking hard enough in the manual. Guess that means I need to turn off the autocrew for ESW too, as they recall the contacts as soon as I drop them. The only problem is I like the contact speed, range, etc to update, so it sure would be nice if there was a way to merge with air platforms (you listenings Sonalysts?)