PDA

View Full Version : how do i work it out with pencil protractor and paper ?

Kapitan
08-30-05, 04:21 PM
well some one asked me how i work it out with pencil paper ruler and a protractor

this is my methord i like it and helps me understand where ive gone wrong ie if i smack something in the back side (rhode island good example)

anyway i drew up this on paint and il explain it but it is difficault and i might not explain it first or even 200th time round so bear with me

please note this helps me find only a good firing point it doesnt have range nor depth nor anything TMA has got its effectively my way of trying to find a bearing so to speak

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/russian-navy01/Other%20Random%20Stuff/tma.jpg

ok first draw your four axis lines 0, 090, 180, 270 in a cross form

put your sub in the middle of the cross pointing on the course ie if its facing 275* dont put it facing 0*

collect what you know about your enamy and put it on the chart on the outer edge of the chart or near it make sure the enamy is facing in the direction as your sub does

draw a line through the middle of the sub extending out to the edges this is 0* draw two lines 40* apart

ok

your enamy is head 145* speed 12 knots draw a course line from the enamy vessel to 145* all the way through where your 0* line and 145* line meet thats where the enamy vessel is now if your off course by 10* say you can now ajust your course so you can run head on to him. dont forget to mesure the arcs !

hope you understand that i do but it is real real difficault to explain i use it to find out how much off course i am relevent to my enamy i like to hit them head on and find this the best way if any one has it easier way please do let me know

it normaly works 8/10 id say some times i fluff and that dont help but its good for me cause i can look back and say oh thats where i went wrong :up:

cheers

DivingWind
08-31-05, 06:26 AM
Not bad... But I still prefer TMA , I think it is a bit more efficient.

Kapitan
08-31-05, 07:46 AM
it is and faster but i aint a clue how to use it

ReubenJames
08-31-05, 08:03 AM
Damn interesting. Let me try to compile and understand it. I'll get back to you with questions, for that I can assure you. :know:

Would you enlarge your diagram pls, it is too small to visualize.

Kapitan
08-31-05, 08:04 AM
dont worry take your time only im off out in a bit :D either that or i shall be forced back to bed by my GF :D

ReubenJames
08-31-05, 08:13 AM
Wait...don't go just yet. Enlarge your diagram pls. I can harld visualize it.