PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a DW patch v102? (and 2 Q's)

08-25-05, 11:18 AM
Will there be a new v102 patch for DW?
I dont want to get into a wish list thing, I just would like to know if there will be one or not.

Also, why doesnt the manual go into depth about torpedo evasion techniques?
If anyone has any good methods, would you let me know? or fear letting priceless info go that easy? hehe. I find that the FFG is one of the hardest platforms to avoid incoming torpedoes, I just put the TIW behind me and run like hell until a final turn to try and save my arse. It works about 40% of the time.

One more question: When you extract the Zip file for the sonalysts Speed v. Sound fix, you are advised to put the file into the folder C:\Program Files\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\Dangerous Waters. I did this and a prompt came up on the screen asking me that there were files already present and asked if I wanted to save anyway. I did that. Was that incorrect?

thank you for the help
L8R

NastyHyena
08-25-05, 12:03 PM
There will be a patch. Sonalysts is also a military contractor, and they got contracted to do Schtuff (tm). That slows a patch down, but it will happen.

As for torp evasion? There are a few sources for SC/DW about evading torps, although the best tactic is to not get shot at in the first place :up:

LuftWolf
08-25-05, 12:15 PM
One more question: When you extract the Zip file for the sonalysts Speed v. Sound fix, you are advised to put the file into the folder C:\Program Files\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\Dangerous Waters. I did this and a prompt came up on the screen asking me that there were files already present and asked if I wanted to save anyway. I did that. Was that incorrect?

Overwritting the files was the correct procedure. :up: