PDA

View Full Version : What is Dangerous Waters

Damo1977
08-22-05, 03:17 AM
Just over 2 months ago I bought SH3 (Which I luv) :yep: , I have been reading and hearin about DW since than too, and I have grown an interest in it. Just a few questions,
Can you still get it?
Is it set missions, eg You don't pass A well you have to repeat the same mission?
Which do you get more value out of, Multiplayer or singleplayer mode?

I know I sound like an interagotor but there are alot of games out there that can bite your pocket for no reward.

PeriscopeDepth
08-22-05, 03:22 AM
It's a modern naval warfare simulation that allows you to control various air, land and sea platforms. Yes, you can still get it. It does not have a dynamic campaign, and IMO is just fine without it. I've never played the multiplayer, and enjoy the game immensely. MP is supposedly a blast though, several players can crew one platform.

The official website with screenshots, playable demo, and links to reviews is below. You can only purchase from that website, it is not available in stores.
http://www.battlefront.com/products/dw/

If you have an interest in modern naval warfare, it is a must have :rock:/

DivingWind
08-22-05, 03:34 AM
Dangerous Waters is the coolest modern naval simulation.
All info about game here:http://www.battlefront.com/products/dw/
It can be bought only at battlefront.

If you dont like campaign or single missions you can build your own missions/campaigns with mission editor(very easy to learn handle the editor).

Its great fun to play both nad MP and SP,but most of people who played online will say that its something that you cant resist doing over and over.

Dangerous Waters is more technical and more complex than SH3.If you manage to climb the steep learning curve it will give you much joy for years to come.

Damo1977
08-22-05, 03:58 AM
Thanks fors answering.......Just one more little bit of question how old is it? or is it new....I am heading over to the website after tea so if it is a pointless question no need to answer

Zerogreat
08-22-05, 04:22 AM
Thanks fors answering.......Just one more little bit of question how old is it? or is it new....I am heading over to the website after tea so if it is a pointless question no need to answer

It is something like 6 months old :)

MaxRiga
08-22-05, 04:47 AM
simply watch this video - AKULA2
http://www.flashpointzone.com/video7.phtml

Damo1977
08-22-05, 08:45 AM
The thing is I am noticing you are all from the "Old Soviet Repulics", no don't think me being affected from propaganda but?

Damo1977
08-22-05, 08:48 AM
No that was stupid of me to post that.............that is why I am leaving it there!! I am sorry.

DivingWind
08-22-05, 08:57 AM
PROPAGANDA!?!?! Human you are delusional!

Damo1977
08-22-05, 09:19 AM
Peoples its like 11:47pm here tonight in little old Adelaide so I will go to sleep and think about it.
One last question,

If i did buy it
what net you need speedwise?

Fish
08-22-05, 10:08 AM
Peoples its like 11:47pm here tonight in little old Adelaide so I will go to sleep and think about it.
One last question,

If i did buy it
what net you need speedwise?

ADSL or broadband cable.
Not coming from a former "Old Soviet Repulic", I can recommend the game as a must to have.

TLAM Strike
08-22-05, 10:59 AM
I'm not from an "Old Soviet Republic" but from the America (Woot USA!! USA!! USA!!), I've bought it (Heck I pre-ordered it) and I would recommend it to any interested in modern naval sims. I have AOL 56K Dial Up and I can play online and even host games for small group of people, but if you have a lower quality service you’re probably out of luck.

Kapitan
08-22-05, 03:26 PM
one word GREAT

08-22-05, 05:03 PM
DW is a must to have for all subsim nut's out there :up:

The graphics aren't so sweet as those from SH3 but DW game play is much more challanging and intense.

Damo1977
08-22-05, 05:38 PM
Ok its morning now, so I am refreshed..... thank you all to responded. I am about to look at the Dangerous Waters website and that video. :up:

NastyHyena
08-22-05, 11:02 PM
If you order it, get the one with the printed manual. Your wallet will thank you for it, and Kinko's will curse you for the business lost.

Rip
08-22-05, 11:37 PM
Ok its morning now, so I am refreshed..... thank you all to responded. I am about to look at the Dangerous Waters website and that video. :up:

The cold war is long gone, and we kill each other here with a grin and a handshake afterwords :-j :yep:

I spent over 6 years at sea on a Los Angeles class sub for good ol uncle sam and can honestly say you can't buy anything closer to reality. As a matter of fact I am still amazed at how much is done so well. There is a lot of stuff I was always very hesitant to discuss until I saw it in the game.

Make sure you get the Deluxe version with the manual, and read it at least a couple times. When you have questions this is the place to come :up:

Damo1977
08-23-05, 02:38 AM
I think I might invest in it ,so I hopefully will see you soon with a couple of question :yep: :lol:

PeriscopeDepth
08-23-05, 02:45 AM
May the postman be with you. Waiting for it can be torture. ;)

If you aren't all that familiar with modern naval warfare sims (and even if you are and haven't read this stuff yet) here is a thread with some good links to read up on:
http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=41;t=000178

Oh, and even better than that is the Landlubber's Guide which can be found at subguru.com