PDA

View Full Version : Track Disappeared?

Captain Nemo
08-17-05, 03:58 AM
Strange thing happened this morning when I was playing a quick mission in the Barents Sea driving a Kilo. I assigned a tracker to a contact using broadband passive sonar and classified it as an Indian Foxtrot using narrowband. After a few minutes of viewing the target at the weapons station to ascertain range so that I could enter the presets for a torp the contact sort of wobbled very quickly and then completely disappeared! I had to go back to sonar and start again.

A bug perhaps? Never happened in Sub Command. I am using DW with the latest patch from SCS v1.01 installed.

Anyone else seen this?

Nemo

Dr.Sid
08-17-05, 04:37 AM
Many times. It seems like auto TMA does some magic with tracks. Sometimes you acquire target on different sensor, and in a while new track is gone too. TMA merges the new track it with the old one (vanished). It just looks that TMA solution is somehow wierd, so you can't see it (maybe just too far away).
What helped me once was that I dropped ALL tracks at TMA station and started all again.

XabbaRus
08-17-05, 06:23 AM
Yea it seems to happen once you have held a track for a long time.

I was playing a mission and had several Master contacts..then a couple disappeared. Its as if TMA gets overloaded and craps out. I had to start over.

I really hope Jamie can give us some news as to when the patch will come....I'm not doubting its arrival just that with Ludger and Thomas not posting of late and Jamie quiet too I am worried that the patch will be a very long time coming.

Captain Nemo
08-17-05, 06:28 AM
Thanks Dr Sid, I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this problem. However, tracks from two passive sensors for the contact I had this morning had already been merged so I had a good solution to commence an attack and then it just disappeared. On re-establishing the contact's wherabouts by sonar it was more or less where it had been when it disappeared and once my torp had sunk the Foxtrot it confirmed that the original TMA solution was correct.

XabbaRus - From what you say it is a bug and Jamie is aware. I agree lets hope the patch is here soon.

Nemo

Kapitan
08-17-05, 06:42 AM
yeah happends to me sometimes

Dr.Sid
08-17-05, 09:11 AM
I think in some cases automatic solution is completely wrong. Most probably at very high distance, out of the map. It is just an idea.
It should be easy to check. If you encounter vanished track, go to TMA screen and check if the track is really missing, or just the solution is out of map. You could also check this in weapons page, all tracks are in 'torpedo target' list.

Captain Nemo
08-17-05, 10:12 AM
I think in some cases automatic solution is completely wrong. Most probably at very high distance, out of the map. It is just an idea.
It should be easy to check. If you encounter vanished track, go to TMA screen and check if the track is really missing, or just the solution is out of map. You could also check this in weapons page, all tracks are in 'torpedo target' list.

You might be right. If it happens again I'll check TMA and zoom right out on the nav map to see if the track is still there. If however, its gone so far out that its not on the map at all then there is something definitely wrong.

Thanks.

Nemo