PDA

View Full Version : Screen Flickering Problems

Enigma65
08-16-05, 10:10 AM
I've just started getting back into the game after some time off. Have not played the game on my new system until recenlty but have noticed when attempting to play that I get a very annoying "screen flicker" problem.

I'm just starting to gather information regarding what the cause may possibly be.

I have the game's graphics settings set for the highest resolution. I'm using a Nvidia GeForce 6800 with 256MB. System is a Dell XPS gaming system with processor at 3.6Ghz.

Monitor is a Dell 2100 flat panel display, refresh rate at 75. I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers 77.77.

I have tried setting different refresh rates (lower), I have gone back to older drivers with no improvement. And yes, I use Driver Cleaner when getting rid of old drivers.

All my other games run flawlessly. This is the only one seeming to have problems.

Does anyone out there have any idea what the heck could be causing this screen flicker?

Any help and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Bellman
08-16-05, 10:37 AM
:) Had the same problem - sorted by selective use of Enditall.

Think the culprit in my case was GoBack.

Like you it was only SC/DW which was affected.

Hope you clear the problem. :hmm:

DivingWind
08-16-05, 10:37 AM
Flickering is caused by the background programs such as Hyperlobby when you have message etc.

Enigma65
08-16-05, 01:41 PM
Hhmm...never heard of that cause before. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Enigma65
08-17-05, 06:44 PM
Still no success. :damn:

LuftWolf
08-17-05, 06:55 PM
Have you tried running it in windowed mode?

I dunno, but it's something worth trying if nothing else has worked.

Enigma65
08-18-05, 11:05 AM
Have you tried running it in windowed mode?

I dunno, but it's something worth trying if nothing else has worked.

Well I gave it a try and it somewhat worked. Let me explain; It only allows you to run it in windowed mode with 16bit color. I was using 32bit color. The flickering stopped. But, my mouse cursor did not want to move below a certain point on the screen. In other words, I could not reach the options button or exit button on the screen due to my mouse not wanting to move below a certain point. Yet, the screen flicker stopped in windowed mode, 16bit color.

Go figure.

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 11:08 AM
Make sure you have the resolution set to the resolution of your desktop and your desktop in 32bit color mode.