PDA

View Full Version : Why B model not R?

DivingWind
08-16-05, 05:13 AM
In DW helo is actually B model not R.
R model has FLIR (forward looking infared camera)something like in P-3.
Furthermore R model has no MAD!

So helo in DW is a B model not R!

This is R model.
http://www.sikorsky.com/Images/SAC_Sikorsky_Aircraft_Corporation/US-en/SH60R.jpg

This is B model.
http://www.sikorsky.com/Images/SAC_Sikorsky_Aircraft_Corporation/US-en/SH60B.jpg

Of course little letter doesnt change anything.(Maybe in the future we will have truly R model)Just a small notice thats it. :up:

PeriscopeDepth
08-16-05, 02:42 PM
I believe the manual notes that the R doesn't have a MAD sensor in real life and is there for gameplay.

DivingWind
08-16-05, 04:12 PM
Gameplay say... I never use MAD in game, it's useless!

How about you all?

LuftWolf
08-16-05, 05:00 PM
Actually, if you fly around 200ft above 60kts, with the MAD actually ON and the auto ew/MAD crew on, and have a torp preset to circle with a 0000 enable range, then it's pretty useful if you fly within about a klick of a sub. :arrgh!:

UglyMowgli
08-16-05, 05:12 PM
didn't use MAD on SH60 or P3 is like negleting the periscope on a sub or RADAR on the FFG!
You have tools use them, a target of opportunity (a MAD detection) can change the balance in a MP game (or in SP).

Beer
08-16-05, 06:35 PM
Gameplay say... I never use MAD in game, it's useless!

How about you all?

MAD provides a fix on a submerged target.

I would not consider that useless.

While you are burning holes in the sky why not provide a service and do a MAD search to clear some waterspace? Might be suprised what you can find.

Got a buoy with a bearing (and no surface contact present) fly down the bearing to get a fix on the target. Be sure to spit buoys out with the MAD and in front of the the target. Two mads give ya his course...throw an attack barrier in front of him.

Of course be sure to classify the contact before you run off and drop torps on it!

Cheers
Beer