PDA

View Full Version : countermeasues autocrew

Mau
08-11-05, 07:16 PM
I think I discovered something,

Following the post that I started with the detection of the FFG (latest was answered by Amizaur with again great detailed by him - thanks Amizaur!), I think by putting countermeasurs autocrew ON, it helps detect contacts a bit before and VAMPIRES are being reported earlier.
This is important to have somebody (in this cas Weapon coordinator) reporting a VAMPIRE since we haveno altitude showin and telling us that something is comin on the deck like a sa skimmer).
I read again the book and the Countermeaures autocre is supposed to only launch automatically countermeasures but in fact I think it is doing a bit moreMay be somebody noticed that too
And yes SPY radar should be fix (very very important) in the next patch to be able to engage SSM on the deck. I will do some more testing.
Comments?

MaHuJa
08-16-05, 06:54 PM
The FFG countermeasure autocrew will give an audio report on incoming vampires, but it doesn't matter if its friend or enemy, as long as its heading towards you. And together with the report, the first cm available in the tubes on the side the missile was detected is launched.

It should have made the report anyway.