PDA

View Full Version : VIRGIN

wwrjh18
08-09-05, 03:39 PM
Now I have your attention could some one please give me an idiots guide to installing the mods as I do not want to mess up.

I would be very greatfull.

P.S My old man was on HMS Splendid.

CCIP
08-09-05, 03:44 PM
Cheers!

Well, first off, what are you looking for in your mods? If shamelessly realistic gameplay is what you're after, the Real Uboat mod (new version just hot off the press, so to say!) is your one-stop for all real-U-boating needs. :up:

It tends to be the most popular custom SHIII configuration, with loads and loads of new features and improvements.

Found at http://beerymod.com/

wwrjh18
08-09-05, 03:48 PM
I would like some more traffic and ports. A bit of scenery would not go a miss near land.

Gairith
08-09-05, 05:25 PM
Use the Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler from Beery's site. It has directions. The new Real U Boat mod has new ports and harbors in it as well. Check out the readme file.

gonzman
08-09-05, 06:37 PM
Oh damn i got fooled again! :up:

iambecomelife
08-09-05, 08:21 PM
Now I have your attention could some one please give me an idiots guide to installing the mods as I do not want to mess up.

I would be very greatfull.

P.S My old man was on HMS Splendid.

I second the recommendation for the mod enabler, although I don't use it.

I just scanned a reference book to see what the "Splendid" was. I discovered two vessels : a prewar destroyer and a modern (1930-40's era) submarine. Out of curiosity, did he see any combat? If so, was he willing to discuss his experiences with you?

Nopileo
08-10-05, 02:38 PM
Now I have your attention...

:rotfl:

Good one! :up: